Quick question about aeroports?

There is a difference between simple round ports and aeroports. Most people on here use the term aeroport incorrectly. An aeroport is flared on both ends and a simple round port does not have flares. Most all port calculators online are for plain round ports and if you are using aeros, or a port with flared ends, you will need to add at least an inch (depending on the radius of the flare) to obtain the correct tuning. The psp calc gives an option for a flared port.

If you have 2 and the length is 15, then both need to be 15 long.
Thanks Buck!

There is a difference between simple round ports and aeroports. Most people on here use the term aeroport incorrectly. An aeroport is flared on both ends and a simple round port does not have flares. Most all port calculators online are for plain round ports and if you are using aeros, or a port with flared ends, you will need to add at least an inch (depending on the radius of the flare) to obtain the correct tuning. The psp calc gives an option for a flared port.
Yeah, I used the psp calc to figure it out... Now in finding my answer, anotehr question has come up. People recommend one 6" or 2 4" ports for one 15. I've also read that multiple ports don't sound quite as good.. My question; other than not quite sounding as musical, would 2 4" ports be beneficial for me at all over a 6"? I'm looking for something that will sound nice, get pretty low, and get loud...

can you work with a 8" sonotube? i know a very exp guy that uses nothing but sonotubes- he pretty much always wins his class

Thanks Buck!

Yeah, I used the psp calc to figure it out... Now in finding my answer, anotehr question has come up. People recommend one 6" or 2 4" ports for one 15. I've also read that multiple ports don't sound quite as good.. My question; other than not quite sounding as musical, would 2 4" ports be beneficial for me at all over a 6"? I'm looking for something that will sound nice, get pretty low, and get loud...
I have never come across the issue of multiple ports not sounding musical.

Hmm... I'll have to decide what I want to run, then. Probably just stick with the one 6 inch. Might decide on the two 4's though to make it a bit easier for placing them in such a small box.

I run four and I think it sounds great... only problem is more aero ports make the enclosure less efficient.
At lower frequencies, yes. At higher ones (which who cares about those? lol j/k) Then it will SHINE with more aeros. The efficiency never drops, it just relocates. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.