quick easy q bout boxes

Matador
10+ year member

-= StillBumping =-
Ca
quick question, does teh depth of the box matter much? i mean, let's say you will still have your 0.8 cu feet for a sub but the depth (from front of box to back) is small cuz yuo wanna save space, however to make up for this the width and height are smaller. So would this affect the sub in any way?

also, in winisd, we would like to achieve a Qts of 0.7?

hmmm, so just as long as i have at leas the min recommended space is fine? (ie: 0.7 cu feet)

but, hmmm, it wouldn't affect then since the depth won't be dat deep, since subs move front n back i guess? just trying to learn:rolleyes:

doesnt matter what the box' shape like as long as u got the right volume, no worries.

yup. like what wonderbread pointed out, as long as u gve space between the magnet vent and back wall to ventilate coil, then no problem.

hints: just make sure u build a wedge shaped box or make the back or front wall slightly angled to prevent backwaves that will create sound cancellation and woofer delay. IMHO.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

you mean make one side slanteD? yeah i was planning to put the front (where subs will go) slanted, roughly 10-20 degrees, so that it will align i guess w the back seats, you know how they are slanted too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.