Quick: can power and rca cables be together?

They say not to run them on the same side, but circuit city did in my car, and it was fine I didnt hear anything. I switched them to the otherside anyway just to avoid any problem

^ ^umm okay, and hows that working out for you? Do you have better insulated wires?

So my antenna, speaker, and rca cables will go on the left side of the passenger seat and the power/acc cables will go on the right side of the passenger seat.

But when I get to the back seats I will have to run them together for at least 2.5 feet to get into the trunk anyway. I hope this won't give me any problems...

thanks,

Alberto

Originally posted by madshoe ^ ^umm okay, and hows that working out for you? Do you have better insulated wires?

thanks,

Alberto
i haven't had any problems...at least that i notice. What is SUPPOSED to happen if the power is run with all the other wires? peace

NG

noise noise noise, smokin weed, sniffin coke (or sumthin like that....)

some people get it, some don't. whine, whir, squeal, tics...

but I am very picky when it comes to quality of music, so I want to avoid problems before I get them.

bleh, we shall see what happens...

thanks,

Alberto

We've been over this a hundred times. I've yet to meet anyone who can demonstrate that running power wires near your RCA's will cause noise.

It's far more likely that noise pickup would be in the form of RFI than EMI. Yet nobody ever warns about keeping RCA cables away from power window wiring (DC motors generate RFI) or power door locks (solenoid clicks), or ECM's or computers, or any of the other dozens of sources of RF interference.

And speaker wires are too low an impedance to pick up anything. Run them where ever you like.

what a controversy/misconception. Well I'll run the cables whichever way is easiest, how about that? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Thanks,

Alberto

mmm 5th gen prelude mmm

Sounds like a plan.

Don't be dumb about it, that's all... like wrapping your RCA cables and power wire together a few turns around a metal pillar would be asking for trouble, know whaddImean :p

I knew this one guy who could not get the noise out of his system until he ran the RCA's outside of the vehicle underneath. It's weird, no matter what you do you cannot predict noise or really even prevent it. I say run your wires however you can easily, and if there is some noise you can always move them.

well i had mine taped together when i first put my system in. then my tweeter started making a hiss noise so i ran them on the opposite side. i ended up just unhooking the tweeter but and they probaly can be ran together but i just have them on opposite sides cuz i got bored and i think it makes me look like a pro. lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif but anyways just do it, it'll make u feel better

it takes a whole 20 more minutes to run all of them wires the correct way. i don't know why you wouldn't just run them the correct way...its easy...

it takes a whole 20 more minutes to run all of them wires the correct way. i don't know why you wouldn't just run them the correct way...its easy...
A) Until your post this thread hadn't been active since June of '03.

Good job! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/clap.gif.178cba2c538c68e720c727fcb024b19c.gif

B) And just what is "the correct way"??

Some will tell you that it is an absolute must to separate your power and signal wires. My own personal experience (as well as that of others if you'll read the thread) tells me that it makes no difference at all. My power and ground cables run right alongside my speaker wires and interconnects. When there is no signal for my HU to pass along to my amps the only thing you'll hear out of my audio gear is silence.

and which are you saying is the correct way? my power wire, rca cables, and speaker wire are all right next to each other running to my trunk, and my ground is like 8ft long right now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif and i have no noise at all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.