Question...

Participant count
  • Participant list
a crossover will take a certain frequency range out of music.

a high pass crossover will take out lows and send highs into either your amp or your speaker.

a low pass crossover will take out highs and send only lows into your amp or subwoofer/woofer.

there are basically two places a crossover can go. It can go on the signal before it gets amplified, or it can go on the the signal after it's amplified. Ideally, one would want a crossover to crossover before the signal gets amplified. It tends to be much easier to do and usually provides a cleaner crossover.

an equalizer boosts or reduces certain frequency ranges. The goal of an equalizer is to make a system sound smooth. If the speakers aren't good at making certain frequency ranges, an equalizer can boost up that frequency so it sounds better.

to bridge an amp means to use 2 channels of an amplifier as one channel. When this happens, you get the power of both channels on the amplifier in that one channel

if you had a 2 channel amp and wnated to bridge it, you usually take the + of the left side and put it to the + of the speaker, and the - of the right side to the - of the speaker.

I hope I've been helpful.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.