Question on "MX" wth 9855.

JakiChan
10+ year member

I have a CDA-9855. I have been using MX with the iPod setting - the Alpine literature says that it's supposed to help with compressed media (like sat radio or MP3). Is it really just some funky EQ or is it actually some kind of advanced processing? Right now it's just going in to a stock VW monsoon system, and it does seem to make things sound a little better.

i don't like it. it boosts the highs and lows and really seems to just distort things imo. sound is subjective though, so if you like it, then use it.

i dont use it on my 9815 aswell... this is just a shitty gimmick... Alpine could have simply made a lousy Loud function, but this MX tends to makes things too aggressive and bitter to my own taste... so i just leave it off

You can call it "ghetto loud" On a very poor sounding system it usually makes things sound somewhat better and on a good tuned good sounding system it makes things sound horrible *LOL*

You can call it "ghetto loud" On a very poor sounding system it usually makes things sound somewhat better and on a good tuned good sounding system it makes things sound horrible *LOL*
So for now, with the factory amp and speakers it seems to be ok. I'm sure when I get the Diamonds running off of the PDX4.150 then that won't be the case. :)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.