Question on o's

Twiztid_killa
10+ year member

ok the 12's are 1000 watt max rms. i am boing to buy 2 12's i am thinking. so would buying one nine.1 then adding another down the road so would have 2500 total watts for the subs would would this be a good idea? or to much power? there are going to be in a sealed box

sub

12" high excursion small box driver. 500RMS/1000 peak. Dual 4 ohm

amp

1009 x 1 @ 1 ohm, 509 x 1 @ 2ohm

Stackable option. Stack two NINe.1's together for a total of 2500+ watts @ 2ohm without a external device

would the 2500 be tomuch for 2 odf the 12's

Originally posted by Twiztid_killa the new ed o'sok so if just one i will prob just go back to buying a jbl maybe
You do realize that they won't be shipping the new O series till June, right?
Anyway, the ED would be fine for them, wire them in parallel for a 1 ohm load, give em each 650 watts, it'll be fine in a sealed box.

Originally posted by Twiztid_killa i am in no hurry really need to sell car and stuff first so its all good

i think itll handle 2 nines, but really, save up 50 more bucks and get A's, or, just save up 1500 more and get a Qseries, haha

A single 12O on a nine.1 @2ohm will be ok.

A single nine.1 on a pair however will work great, will give each around 600 watts each which is plenty to get them to 'get down'. I'd say one amp and the two drivers will be plenty, probably will have no need to upgrade down the road.

Ben

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.