question on jl 1000.1

It puts out slightly more.Its the power supply that is regulated.The best feature of the amp is its capabale of putting out 1000@4 as well as 1000@2.I think they did this cause the W7's had a funky ohm load of like 3 ohms or something.

The amps have been around longer than the W7, but regardless...they do rated power at whatever load within their rated range (1.5-4 ohms). Any power beyond that, like most amps, has nothing to do with being underrated, it's just design headroom.
Co-sign. Solid amps. I've owned slash v1's and currently have v2's. Never a single problem whatsoever.

not sure on the 1000/1 but iirc a ways back someone benched a 500/1 at 720-730 watts. if i had to throw out a guess i would say somewhere i the 1300-1400 watt range at 14.4
Source? Is that true for the slash 2?

Who cares? Seriously? The bench isn't your car. The difference between rated power and that little bit extra that you care about isn't audible and trying to get that consistently is setting you up to clip the crap out of the amp. It does rated power from 4 ohms to 1.5 ohms. That's all you need to concern yourself with.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.