Question on bandpass box, please help

86stangalang
10+ year member

Ok I have 2 rock fos power DVC subs that I wanted to get a box for. My car is a hatchback and someone told me I should get a bandpass box because it will sound better in my car and I kinda like the way they look. My spec sheet says 2.0 ft^3 for vented enclosures... I guess thats each. What should it be for 2 subs? The bandpass box I was looking at says 2.0 ft^3 in the sealed section and 1.25 ft^3 in each ported section for a total of 4.5 ft^3. Will this work or should I keep looking? What should the specs be? Thanks.

Originally posted by 86stangalang Ok I have 2 rock fos power DVC subs that I wanted to get a box for. My car is a hatchback and someone told me I should get a bandpass box because it will sound better in my car and I kinda like the way they look. My spec sheet says 2.0 ft^3 for vented enclosures... I guess thats each. What should it be for 2 subs? The bandpass box I was looking at says 2.0 ft^3 in the sealed section and 1.25 ft^3 in each ported section for a total of 4.5 ft^3. Will this work or should I keep looking? What should the specs be? Thanks.
Nooooo...don't get a prefab bandpass...please dont....
build yourself a ported box, you'll be much happier.

I was told that the speakers won't sound as good in my car since it's a hatchback... and I should get a bandpass box. I think it has to do with the sound wave not being reflected correctly and so it doesn't expand to the optimum length or whatever. I'm not an expert at all, so if I'm wrong someone please let me know. But originally I was going to get a ported box. The bandpass thing makes sense to me. Can someone please explain what the proper volume of the box should be? Thanks.

for the most part bandpasses are more hassle than they are worth....pre fabs are ****, building one is VERY hard to get right, but can sound pretty good if done right....most people on here will recomend a ported box --i say stick to ported or sealed for it....the optimal wavlength thing is ******** since the wavelength of frequencies that low is huge.

Ah... where? I didn't ask if I should get a bandpass box or not.. I asked what the specs should be. I appreciate your response, but if you don't know the answer just say you don't know. Can someone else please answer my question?

My spec sheet says 2.0 ft^3 for vented enclosures... I guess thats each. What should it be for 2 subs? The bandpass box I was looking at says 2.0 ft^3 in the sealed section and 1.25 ft^3 in each ported section for a total of 4.5 ft^3. Will this work or should I keep looking? What should the specs be? Thanks

Since it's a bandpass box should it have more or less than 4 ft^3? Will it sound better/worse with a dif volume? Thanks

Originally posted by 86stangalang Ah... where? I didn't ask if I should get a bandpass box or not.. I asked what the specs should be. I appreciate your response, but if you don't know the answer just say you don't know. Can someone else please answer my question?

Since it's a bandpass box should it have more or less than 4 ft^3? Will it sound better/worse with a dif volume? Thanks
i dont know why your still looking at bandbasses? more than I have told you pre fab is going to ****.....they function on the bassis of resonant frequencs, in the same way a larger ported box witll give you deeper bass, a bandpass will do the same....but not nearly as good....and you did ask if that box would work and I said yes, but its a mistake.....

Hey I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm going to get a ported box after all. At first I thought the bandpass box would sound alright, but if everyone says they **** there's probably a good reason. Now on to prefabs being shyt... does anybody know where I can get a box made in VA? I would try to make it myself, but I don't have a lot of time to play around with it and I'm kinda in a hurry to get it. Thanks EVO2K3, nswartley, and snova.

Originally posted by 86stangalang Hey I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm going to get a ported box after all. At first I thought the bandpass box would sound alright, but if everyone says they **** there's probably a good reason. Now on to prefabs being shyt... does anybody know where I can get a box made in VA? I would try to make it myself, but I don't have a lot of time to play around with it and I'm kinda in a hurry to get it. Thanks EVO2K3, nswartley, and snova.
thank the lord your not going band-pass. And to let u know why they ****...they have a VERY narrow response/frequency spectrum. I wish i could find the quote...but, bandpass boxes have a peak frequency and they get loud at that particular frequency but everything else sounds shitty...all the frequencies sound like one note. so, basically they were created to entice people at best buy to buy them, when in reality they sound like fart. just to let you know why people said they ****. peace

NG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.