question for zane

Participant count
  • Participant list

jester73440
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
chicago
i posted this once but i don't know what happen to it . Zane you seem like you know the most on this site. i was wondering what you think about harrison labs amps i was thinking of trying them cause they seem like a small company with some nice toys so i thought i would try them just wondering if you have any thought about them. another thing i was considering was going with a dual reflex box ( bandpass box with ports on the front and back ) bose designed this box years ago and i have never seen it used i wanna try it , you know anything about these . around here everyone got the same 2 12" in a sealed or ported box with a fosgate amp i wanna try something new so i was gonna go with the HL amp with a 15" in a dual reflex box . Let me know what you think thanks

I am always reccomending Harrison Labs. They make some phenomial products!

Amazing design and output, not too bad on the prices either....

On the other side of things, while it is good to do something different, I can not reccomend a bandpass enclosure, as they seem to be limited to producing only a small range of frequency and IMO sound poorly. I would tend to choose a sealed enclosure firstly, as it seems to be the most unlimiting design for total frequency response, and it produces tight accurate bass. A ported enclosure would also work quite well, however, its actual response is still contingent upon the port tuning. Thats just my take on this, however, doing something different is always good. Even if its just to see what happens. You never know when you may stumble on to the next best thing!

take it easy,

-zane

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.