question for ppl with DD ddcs6.5 comps....

Participant count
  • Participant list

n8te81
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I am having a pair of these put in my 350z this weekend and ive heard good things about them and i was wondering what the diff would be if i put my 4 channel on them.I have a clean 100x4 amp in my civic that i could put on these if the diff was worth the hassle so if anyone has these amped pls let me know thx.

I assume ur asking would you get a better sound if you used your 4 channel to run the set active compared to running them passive with the included crossovers correct? Active hands down is the way to go since you already have a 4 channel to use. Plus, I myself had a set of DDC6.5's same ones as urs but mine were the non shallow mount. I try not to say anything negative about any manf but I was very much so let down by my DD's. The crossovers provided are just a bare bones cheap as all hell crossover. In my situation they were just sloppy sounding well they were right up until they failed on me with just over a months use. The glue joints failed around the cone and the entire cone seperated from the basket. Not to mention I blew 2 pairs of there T2 tweets. I currently am still running there tweets but ever since I tossed out the crap crossovers and bought some hertz crossovers I have not had 1 issue with them since I started using them on a quality crossover.

I am having a pair of these put in my 350z this weekend and ive heard good things about them and i was wondering what the diff would be if i put my 4 channel on them.I have a clean 100x4 amp in my civic that i could put on these if the diff was worth the hassle so if anyone has these amped pls let me know thx.
100x4 would be way too much power....on one set....100x2 on a set should be good

Well actually i just meant how they would sound with amp power over deck power.I might go active later on but for right now its just regular setup. The amp im gonna be using is the 100x4 but i meant to say i will be running the fronts on the 2channels and the back off the other 2 not 400rms just to the comps.

Sounds good then I mean I see no point in rear fill but if u already got it use it. The decks amp might put out 20x4 on a good day. Which is just not enough power to use you new set to its full advantage hell it would only sound a lil bit better vs ur stock speakers. But add a amp and stuff seems to come to life. I say forget rears and run ur new DD's active sending each speaker a good 60-80 and it should sound real nice. Well a lot better than if u do use the supplied crossovers DD supplies.

Cmon who cares about back seat b i t c h e s LOL

Dave you dont think the ddcs mids can take 80 each? I mean I know there T2's can take that each.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.