Question for EXPERIENCED sub builders...

Participant count
  • Participant list
If someone will sell you just a surround -- sure. It is hard to get the surround off the cone, though... and to clean the frame area without damaging the remaining cone.

IIRC DD sells surrounds.

If someone will sell you just a surround -- sure. It is hard to get the surround off the cone, though... and to clean the frame area without damaging the remaining cone.
IIRC DD sells surrounds.
thats awesome. i just dont have enough money ATM the buy an entire recone from you. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

i would just patch it with some e6000 and a piece of thin cloth on he back side til you have enough for a recone.

i can do the recone for you when ur ready //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

i would just patch it with some e6000 and a piece of thin cloth on he back side til you have enough for a recone. i can do the recone for you when ur ready //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
haha. its gonna cost more to ship that thing to NY and back, then the recone will cost! and what exactly is e6k?

yea it costs to ship but better than having a faulty sub. i would ship that sub back anywhere in usa east of the rockys for $25. just a offer...

yea it costs to ship but better than having a faulty sub. i would ship that sub back anywhere in usa east of the rockys for $25. just a offer...
haha. ill keep it in mind for sure man. and if i do end up shipping it to anyone and not doing it myself, youll be the person i send it too.

so anyways what is e6000?

probably some sort of surround glue/epoxy, the thin cloth can be anything, i've heard people use panty hose since it stretches...

Amazon.com: Used and New: E-6000

5193xvLeshL._SL110_.jpg

This ish?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.