Question for Adire

Participant count
  • Participant list

adammk5
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Why does adire put small cones on there subs?

436 cm2 of cone area isn't that little for a 12,doesn't that reduce displacement?

RE has about 480 cm2 while other companies have 540 cm2 like ID

just wondering because xmax is important to an average person on this forum, shouldn't cone area be just as important?

id uses a small surround(its a tall one ) so it has more cone area, some companies like audiobahn use "PHAT Foam"(spsh haha lol) surround the surround has like more area than the cone

re like the surround they use why only they know

I think the differences can be attributed to different ways of rating Sd by different manufacturers in some of the instances. As for the cone and surround selection; keep in mind that speaker engineering is a practice of compromises. We choose the parts we use based on the design goals for the sub. Sure a different part selection might make a parameter look a little better, but at what cost? Those costs may not fit within the design goals we set in place for the sub, so we use something else that does work.

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.