Question about Sundown Audio SA-8 v2 D2 500w

I plan on buying four of these subwoofers and putting them in a truck box under the seat. I'm just curious about the amp I plan on using. I am planning on buying a mono block amp and running the subs on 1500 watts at 1ohm. Is this to much power for these subs? I'm going to be spending $1000 plus on this system all together so I just want to make sure I don't ruin it by giving the subs to much power. If any more information is needed leave a comment and I'll let you know more, thanks.

I plan on buying four of these subwoofers and putting them in a truck box under the seat. I'm just curious about the amp I plan on using. I am planning on buying a mono block amp and running the subs on 1500 watts at 1ohm. Is this to much power for these subs? I'm going to be spending $1000 plus on this system all together so I just want to make sure I don't ruin it by giving the subs to much power. If any more information is needed leave a comment and I'll let you know more, thanks.
That will be fine. If anything that's not enough power. 1500 is good for 2 of them. What amp you planning on?

Are you sure you have enough room for 4 8s ported? Calculate how much cubic feet you have first and you need extra empty room for the port to load off something properly most likely you'll do a side port if its an under the seat box. 4 8s cramped will not sound good or hit hard as 2 8s in an ideal situation.

ill have enough room, ive seen this box in a truck and it sounded pretty good

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

the thing is though I don't want to have to run 2 batteries

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

its a hifonics 1500 class D mono I saw some pretty good reviews on it, the only thing is right now I don't want to have to run two batteries that's why I was gonna go with the 1500

ill have enough room, ive seen this box in a truck and it sounded pretty good 

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

the thing is though I don't want to have to run 2 batteries

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

its a hifonics 1500 class D mono I saw some pretty good reviews on it, the only thing is right now I don't want to have to run two batteries that's why I was gonna go with the 1500
to be honest If its a brutus, it might be enough for only 2 SA 8s. If its a zues or hfi, then its barely enough for 1 SA 8. If you are spending more money on subs then the amp, you are doing it all wrong.

More subs = More power = Batteries.. You can have a big *** amp in there to push everything but without any extra 'power' or batteries you're still doing it wrong.

so if it was you putting this in your truck how big of an amp would you use? keep in mind, ill be running all 1/0 gauge but I don't want to have to have 2 batteries.
At least 2krms and I have seen and done some builds personally with 8s under the seat of a few trucks. The 2 8s seamed happier and played way lower, but its all about preference. I would personally run 2 sundown SA-8s in the biggest box I could fit tuned to 33-35hz on about 1500rms.

so if it was you putting this in your truck how big of an amp would you use? keep in mind, ill be running all 1/0 gauge but I don't want to have to have 2 batteries.
I plan on getting 2 Sundown SA-12's and an SCV-3000D. I'm going to get the Big Three wiring and a second battery, but do I need to get a high output alternator? I've heard that you need an alternator for systems 1000 watts or over but I'm not sure. Can someone tell me EVERYTHING I need to buy to completely rebuild my system?

I plan on getting 2 Sundown SA-12's and an SCV-3000D. I'm going to get the Big Three wiring and a second battery, but do I need to get a high output alternator? I've heard that you need an alternator for systems 1000 watts or over but I'm not sure. Can someone tell me EVERYTHING I need to buy to completely rebuild my system?
every system needs an alternator lol. But yeah man 3000 watts calls for a high output alternator 240 amps or more and around 165 amp hours of batteries.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

dillywill1580

dillywill1580
Watertow, NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Louisiana_CRX