Question about speaker wire and RCA cables....

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kaos
10+ year member

I'm keeping my h/u and adding comp's and a sub (w/ amp's of course). To integrate everything I'm using a JL Audio Cleansweep. The question is I have the option of making my long runs w/ either RCA cables or speaker wire. What I mean is I can mount the Cleansweep near the h/u and run RCA's to the amp's in the trunk. Or I can mount the Cleansweep in the trunk (w/ the amp's) and run speaker wire to the comp's in my front doors and dash.

The question is what would handle the long runs better....the speaker wire or the RCA cables? I'm thinking the RCA cables but I don't have anything to back that up. Or does it even matter? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'd rather have long runs of RCA cables. Long runs of speaker cables act as very good antennas - with shielded interconnects, that's not as much of a problem.

or you could tap into rear speakers if you have them and have short rcas and short high level wires..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.