Question about RE Enclosure Calculator.

Participant count
  • Participant list

stickytak
10+ year member

Michigan
If I had the dimensions for a 33x36x14 box, and the frequency, If I put four 12" subs in there, would it change the tuning frequency or anything??

I'm assuming that calculator is made for one sub, but I'm not sure if the tuned frequency changes the more subs you add or not.

but, if hypothetically the extra subs took up no extra box space, It wouldn't change the frequency that the port is tuned to?

are you able to invert them? that will make it so they take no volume up in the box.

imo the effects from 1.5 to 2 cubes would hardly be audible. you could also use aero ports which will take up less volume to help keep you closer to 2 cubes. i have a calculator uploaded in this section that allows tuning with slot and aero ports you may wanna tinker with. the RE calc isnt 100% accurate. i look at it as more of a ballpark range

it's in this subforum. and an aero port is just a round port. they're more efficient than slot ports, and do not need to be as large. so they dont take up as much volume. but...you need to buy them whereas slot ports you can make out of wood from the box you make

I have used both and I like slot port better. Aeros are easier to use as you just make hole cut outs. But yea they will change the hz depending on how big of subs you have. If lets say you have 4 with tripple stacked 1" slug motors with a mounting depth of 10+" well then it wwill take up quite a bit of space most subs show what space they occupy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.