Question about Pro Audio Components vs Normal Component Speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list
So i bought a pair of Pro audio speakers (CT Sounds STRATO PA (PRO AUDIO) 6.5 Components)

to replace my factory front door speakers and now i see that alot of people say they wont sound good without some type of equalizer and a bunch of tuning...Is this true??? if so should i send them back and get normal component speakers???

Just for your info...

I have a set of CT Sounds 5x7 Meso Coaxials for my rear doors

A Soundstream ST4.1000D for the door speakers

A single Skar ZVX 12 paired with a Skar Skv2-1500.1

A 3.0cuft box tuned to 32hz

A 320 amp Apex Alternator

A Pioneer MVH-2300NEX

So i bought a pair of Pro audio speakers (CT Sounds STRATO PA (PRO AUDIO) 6.5 Components)to replace my factory front door speakers and now i see that alot of people say they wont sound good without some type of equalizer and a bunch of tuning...Is this true??? if so should i send them back and get normal component speakers???

Just for your info...

A Pioneer MVH-2300NEX
They will sound fine. Just no midbass. All the PA style 6.5s have no midbass. You should eq no matter what speaker you get.
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

So i bought a pair of Pro audio speakers (CT Sounds STRATO PA (PRO AUDIO) 6.5 Components)to replace my factory front door speakers and now i see that alot of people say they wont sound good without some type of equalizer and a bunch of tuning...Is this true??? if so should i send them back and get normal component speakers???

Just for your info...

A Pioneer MVH-2300NEX
Your head unit is already way superior than any sub 100 dollar outboard EQ out there. The main important thing is running network mode for active crossovers which your head unit can do if you choose network mode after a factory reset. EQ is no where near important as the crossovers when it comes to pro audio. You want to have the mid and tweeter wired directly to their own channels of the amp, throw away the passive crossover completely and leave your rear speakers on head unit power. Absolutely no attention, money or power should be put into the rears at all, completely useless and degrades overall soundstage and sound quality. After a proper crossover point

and speaker level adjustments tune, then you time align the mids and the tweeters. Then you work on the EQ then you repeat everything over and over again till its perfection.

They will sound fine. Just no midbass. All the PA style 6.5s have no midbass. You should eq no matter what speaker you get.
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Completely and utterly false, it depends on the driver's TS specs and overall frequency response and your overall install/door acoustics. I heard some cheap @ss skar FSX 6.5s thump down to 80hz hard in the right setup. No it wont play lower midbass to subsonic range aka 50-80hz that well but it more than gets the job done paired with a sub.

Pro audio speakers have no bass. They are used in pro audio where 20 or more are used to create bass. It would be tough to fit that many drivers in your car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey mate, so you have a few options;

if you can borrow some component similar size from mates and give them a trial for a week to see how it goes then decide.

Personally, I would steer off pro components unless you like your music flat as the automotive environment is the worst place to achieve good sound due to road noise, speaker placement, head units capability with SQ. Time alignment etc.

Worst case, you can flog them off and get other components! :)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.