Question about Pioneer 9300

Participant count
  • Participant list

kdogg
10+ year member

USA
My DEH-P840MP stopped turning on so I picked up a 9300 off a friend for like $100 to use until I could get a new deck or fix my old one.

Anyway its got this mic input **** on it. How exactly does that work?

He lost the mic but said if I get one it sets up the deck for me? This true?

How well does it work?

Also anyone know where I can pick up one of these mics cheap? Pioneer wants like $25 bucks. Anyone got a used one or know where I might find one cheap?

One of my local shop owners demoed the AutoEQ function for me with the Premier DEH-P930 and I was blown away by how good it sounded ...
Basically, it adjusts the settings so that the sound is completely flat at the point where the mic is ... It's one of my favourite features //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif It's great for lazy bastards like myself //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Hey I wouldn't exactly say lazy. Just for us people that like to take the quicker route. Definitely gotta love that feature though.

I dont suppose any of you know where I can pick up one of those mic's cheap do you? The guy I got the deck off lost his.

Pioneer is always overpriced and ass slow when I order parts.

Check out EBAY repeatedly..but yea it's hard to find..Also call a local PIONEER Retailer..they are always 50% cheaper than Pioneer Directly. I just got a Pioneer 9400 with the same feature and EVERY review I have read claims this feature is the highlight of the H/U..It is a great feature

The closest thing we got a Pioneer dealer here is Best Buy :p

I'll have to check Pioneer's webpage.

Yes there is only ONE audio dealer in town that isnt afil'ed with a major company like Best Buy and they want more then pioneer wants for the mic...

Basicly I got the impression they where just going to order it from Pioneer themselves then add on like another $10 for there hastle... I was like WTF I can order it myself if thats all you are doing.

Maybe I'll just break down and order from Pioneer. I was hoping maybe someone here had an extra one they would sell cheap or something.

Hell my friend had a couple and he threw them out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.