Question about impedance at amplifier

USAFradartech
10+ year member

I have 2 RF T1D412's and am looking to wire them down to 4ohm at the amp. They have the selectable impedance fuse on them that is optional 8ohm and 2ohm, but what my question is, is if i hook both of the subs to 4 ohm at the amp each, will that put a total load of 8ohm's at the amp because it is 2 subs? and if i wire them at 1ohm each, will that put a total load of 2ohms?

The terminals at the amp are wired together internally, so 2 4 ohm loads on a monoblock will results in a overall 2 ohm load.

Yeap, jus like neo styles stated. If u wire 1 sub Parallel u get 2ohms,wire other sub da same, n wire dem together. it cuts it in half n u end up wit 1ohm, which ur amp is stabled. Remember 2 set ur gains n frequency properly from any distortion.

Jumper each sub to 2 ohms and wire in parallel. That'll give you a 1 ohm load on the amp for moar power.
Thing with that is, these subs have only 1 set of speaker terminals. They have a selectable impedance jumper for easier wiring, and i can choose 2ohm or 4 ohm.

Select 2 ohm on each sub for a final load at the amp of 1 ohm...thats if that amp is 1 ohm stable
What he said. Select 2 ohm and wire subs in parallel or run each sub directly to amp, and having a selectable jumper is a cool idea. I wonder if this will catch on.

What they said. Set each sub to 2 ohm and then run the negatives from each sub to each of the negative terminals on the amp and then each positive to each of the positive terminals on the amp. The terminals on the amp are in parallel so you will end up with a one ohm load.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.