Question about building a Component Speaker Enclosure

Participant count
  • Participant list

stikystikyricky
10+ year member

Hello, I am building a speaker box for a boat. It is going to have 4 compnent speakers ( 4 61/2's and 4 tweeters. The box is going to be rectangle and have it setup side by side something like this.

Oo Oo Oo Oo Oo

My question:

Should I build the box single chambers for each speaker or does it not matter?

Also should I seal the box with a sealant or bed liner spray or does that also not matter?

Stuff the box?

Or should I just build a rectangle box, cut holes, and carpet it?

THanks!

with component speakers, your box specs arent as important as they are with subs (unless your running a midbass component kit, instead of midrange)... it depends alot on what set of components you choose. make sure you get marine specific ones tho, cuz regular components wont last long at all in wet conditions. i would def seal your enclosure.

how much space were you looking to use for the box, what dimensions?

As far as dimensions go I dont have any specifics. I was just going to draw it out on a piece of mdf and cut width wise and maybe just go 8" deep. The speakers are Cadence CWM-6KIT Aluminum 6.5" Component:

NEW Cadence CWM-6KIT Aluminum 6.5" Component Kit | eBay

Running a 4channel amp to them. As far as weather proofing goes, I am not too sure if I need to be worried about that because the speakers are going inside a cabin downstairs. The way I am planning on building the box is so I can bring the speakers out to the upper deck when we are innertubiing or partying up top and putting it back down when we are in the cabin downstairs or the boat is in the driveway.

i'm running those exact components right now... well, 2 in each door actually. 8" depth is a lil big for a 6.5... like i said tho... these speakers wouldnt last long at all in a marine enviroment. but cadence does make marine specific sets. i would HIGHLY recommend going with that

Enclosure means just as much to mids as they do for subs unless you dont care what kindof sound they produce.

Dont make any dimensions the same for the enclosure.

Flush mount them and round over the edges of the enclosure if you can.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.