question about 12" RF

DRAGNS10
10+ year member

Has anyone used the RFR3112 12" sub?? if so is it any good, and whats it like for SQ and SPL, I'm new to the whole stereo scene and I'm trying to design my first quality stereo and want it to hit really hard. I need a killer stereo that isnt going to cost me a fortune. I wanna run RF subz if they'll hit really hard, I also wanna run RF amps.

any info on these questions or sugestions on other killer RF products would be gr8.

thnx

Todd

well i don't know RF products by model # but if you had the actual speaker name or rms and peak watts i could give you more help on it. basically RF subs pound harder than most subs when it comes down to the cost. i'm not saying they outhit everything but for 120bucks which is how much an HE2 will cost you and if your lucky maybe an HX2 12" for around 120-150 then they will outhit a lot of subs for SPL, they lack SQ though in my opinion. they aren't horrible dirty but they aren't extremly clean either. so what is the model name of that sub man let me see if i can help you or anyone else can some more

keep it thumpin,

adam

I believe it's an HX2 at least that's what it sez in the header for the spec sheet.

1000W RMS, 2000W peak @2ohms,and it's dvc. do you think i can hit over 150 db's with 2? or would i need diferent subs for something like that?

thnx for the help in advance

Todd

yes you could hit 150 with the right amount of power and 2 of those. you would need at least 2000wrms if you run 2 of those and want that big of a # and want to get it easily in my opinion. are you talking outlaw class or legal measurment though?? and those subs are really mean SPL machine's really not SQ at all though

keep it thumpin,

adam

whats the differance between outlaw class and legal measurement?

i'de like to get into that USAC **** it sounds like tonnes of fun. but i dont know where to start or even if theres any of that in my area in ontario canada.

outlaw is you put the mic where you want so if it's ported at the port sealed at the cone. legal is mounted sealed up on the dash. much harder to get 150's on the dash. what kind of amps you gonna run those 2 subs on??

keep it thumpin,

adam

Hey dragnS-10 if you want to go to a big comp go to wasaga beach on canada day their is gonna be around 20,000 people.I am going.I would like to compeet but i don't know if i will enter just yet.

Ide like 150 on the dash, If i have 2 run 3 hx2's then so be it to get 150 at the dash. I havnt decided what amp i'm gonna use for sure. would the power 1000bd make em pound?? it's good for 1000w RMS x 1 @2 ohms so i'll need i for each sub right. thnx for that info on wasaga beach MR_LOWRIDER. might just see ya there.

problem is your using power hx2's i thought and those are dual 2 ohms so they wire to 1 ohm or 4 ohm. that means your gonna have to get 4 of them or a 1 ohm stable amp man.

keep it thumpin,

adam

If you go with just one sub amp like the bd1000 your best bet is to go with tha punch hx2's they are alot cheaper and hold there own.I take it you have a ext. cab S-10.To hit 150 you don't need the highest end subs,but you are gonna need the bottom half right across of your ext. cab and have a 15mm wrench to unbolt your seat at the comps so the seat(s) doesn't absorb SPL in tha making(bring a milk crate for a temp seat they work well.If you go with 2 15" punch hx2's and 1 bd 1000 you can get 150 db's like **** all(2-12's might take some fine tuning with port changes(not sure but you might be able to hit 150 with a sealed box.Its all about trial and error so good luck.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

he could run those hx2s on each bd amp, he could run two hx2s off one bd1000. Now if hes using three hx2s, id suggest running three 500bds and wiring each sub in parallel. Now if you talking power hx2s, they come in dual 2 ohm, so youd have to have three bd1000s, and wire each one to each amp in a series to achieve a 2ohm load. Hope this helps!!!

There is alot more to achieving high SPL numbers than just subs and power. A big thing is the right enclosure. I would suggest the largest ported enclosure you can fit in your vehicle. Take your time and build the enclosure properly with enough bracing to fight the flexing. Then you need to think about how to get power to the amps that you plan on powering this beast with. Your talking a $hitload of power. Your regular factory electrical system isn't going to handle that kind of strain. Just trying to help you get 150. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by bumpin_blazer problem is your using power hx2's i thought and those are dual 2 ohms so they wire to 1 ohm or 4 ohm. that means your gonna have to get 4 of them or a 1 ohm stable amp man.

keep it thumpin,

adam
I ran both the bd1000.1 and the bd1500.1 at 1ohm for comps with no problem at all. My original setup in my S-10 was 2 power HX2's in a 7cuft ported enclosure tuned to 48hz. I started out with a bd1500.1 on each running at 1ohm. The highest I put up was a 153.1 legal on the dash. Then I switced to two bd1500.1's on each and was pushing high 150's. So I would have to say the power HX2's are very capable of hitting 150. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

everytime i get the answeres i'm after i get so many more questions i wanna ask, lol.

I have a regular cab, i'm gonna have to do the cut through of course. And i've decided i'm gonna run at least 3 probably 4 power HX2's but need to know what amps will give them the full 1000W RMS and how many i'll need, if i can i would like to run 1 amp so each sub, but if i can run 1 or 2 amps to all 4 that will work too.

bumpin_blazer problem is your using power hx2's i thought and those are dual 2 ohms so they wire to 1 ohm or 4 ohm. that means your gonna have to get 4 of them or a 1 ohm stable amp man.
So what your saying is i have to get 4 of them to run that amp if i wire them in a 1 ohm load?? i'm all for running 4 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.