Question 4 Friend

Participant count
  • Participant list

big_mofo
10+ year member

Im Da *** Man!!!
ok so my friend told me that his system stopped working so i go an take a look. i ask him what was wrong and he said it doesnt hit anymore. well he turns it up an at 20-30 there is a little bass, but after that it doesnt hit and it just sounds like the subs are moving but no sound. (he has 2 12" Kicker L7's in a custom down firing box in a Ford Ranger, so i cant see them) anyways, i checked the amp connections and everything is straight, what would be causing this?? any help would be appreciated thanks guys.

Go buy a DMM if you dont have one, and start eliminating components that could be causing the problem. Check the impedance of the woofers, check the AC output of the the amp, check to make sure the RCA cables are working properly. Just start troubleshooting and eliminate things as you go.

Check the surrounds on the subs.
If torn, they dont produce bass.
they make bass at low volumes

Go buy a DMM if you dont have one, and start eliminating components that could be causing the problem. Check the impedance of the woofers, check the AC output of the the amp, check to make sure the RCA cables are working properly. Just start troubleshooting and eliminate things as you go.
getting to the woofers is the hard part. the box takes up the whole ext cab and the subs are inside of it facing down, but ill tell him to take it to mobile 1 and have them look at b/c wit football, job, an hw i aint got anytime.

but thanks guys

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.