Quest for a super thin amp... HELP!

I hate fucking elitecaraudio. They make you register to read the forums, I know i did...probably over a year ago! I try typing in my normal username and password...comes up with the same login screen again. I try to re-register with same name, tells me it already exists. I request the password, I receive an e-mail, my username and password ARE correct! I try to enter again, I never get to view the forums! This happened on siN when i got idle for a while, my name NEVER was restored to working order...so i made a new one...but i HATE making a different name that is different from any of my others!

Sorry for the OT! Good Luck and TTT for ya!

NG

That looks interesting. Can that be used for car audio applications? I'd like to see how that would work out.
They would work if you could boost voltage in your car to 60v. Some kind of Radio Shack transformer would work I'm sure. You could get away with a lower voltage too, 20v-60v. If I had more time on my hands I would make it work. Shouldn't be too hard... I've got some electricly genius friends.

I was gonna do it awhile ago when I was searching for amps. It would be a great SQ amp. Check out the specs on it.. THD is unbelievebly low.

They would work if you could boost voltage in your car to 60v. Some kind of Radio Shack transformer would work I'm sure. You could get away with a lower voltage too, 20v-60v. If I had more time on my hands I would make it work. Shouldn't be too hard... I've got some electricly genius friends.
I was gonna do it awhile ago when I was searching for amps. It would be a great SQ amp. Check out the specs on it.. THD is unbelievebly low.
i didnt realize they needed such high voltage. whats the current draw on them? adire seems to be selling these... does adire make them or rebadge them?

Not terribly powerful, but at 1.53"h they definitely fit the "low-profile" category.
http://www.qualitycaraudio.com/store/viewitem.asp?idproduct=17684

http://www.qualitycaraudio.com/store/viewitem.asp?idproduct=17687

The vibe xx0's and xx1's are only 2".

WOW They say 1.53" tall... man that is friggin thin..... Might look into those...

Anyone have a link to the Helix website..? Those look to be more my style //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i didnt realize they needed such high voltage. whats the current draw on them? adire seems to be selling these... does adire make them or rebadge them?

I believe Adire may either rebadge or is the US dealer for them. Since http://www.hypex.nl is a european dealer.

the amp is 90% efficient, but I'm not sure how much power it actually draws. I know in stand-by mode it uses 6W total.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.