Quality and Loudness of sound- New HU or stock with cleansweep?

Participant count
  • Participant list

TC2k15x2
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Debary FL
As title states need loudness and better quality of sound, starting a new build in my 2009 bmw x3 and for starters will be doing 100mm (4") doors speakers, tweeters, need recommendations on shallow mount 8" midbass woofers, and amp/amps for all of this. Once I finish with all of this I will start on substage and the basics will include AQ HDC4 18" with an AQ 3500D.1 most likely. So just need to make sure I will have a good clean sounding front stage which is why im starting this thread. Basically I will either be replacing the stock HU with a single din flip out, because a double din will not fit, or getting something like a cleansweep or EQ system tuning type device. I will appreciate the advice and product recommendations will also be a lot of help not looking to spend for than about $450 with shipping on either of these, please help! Will be ordering as soon as I get some help.

The pioneer PRS880 is a pretty decent sounding HU. Not a flip-out. Most of the HU with screens in that price range are not going to have a much sound adjustablilty.

R you saying your are budgeting $450 for a HU and $450 for a front stage?

Is that a better idea than an aftermarket HU?
Not necessarily, just depends upon what you're looking for in the HU and available features, as well as whether you want to uninstall/reinstall.

If you think you might want to go with an aftermarket , I have a couple of Alpine CDA-9887 head units with 3x 4V preouts, as well as the accessories KTX-100 Sound Manager/Processor and KCE-300BT Bluetooth Interface.

Check out the basic specs on the HU here:

Alpine Electronics of Australia

PM me if interested...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.