Q-Logic Kick Panels vs Doors

dvrmstrng
5,000+ posts

DE
Shewwww, it has been a long time since I've been on this site.

Just got an 08 Trailblazer SS and need to do some audio upgrades. I am thinking just the standard 6.5 mids, 1" tweeter and maybe a single 10 in the back to keep it simple. Looking at a single 5 channel (nine.5, big belle), sorry nothing exciting.

The TBSS has factory Bose. I remember on my last install on a TBSS we attempted to use the plastic speaker trim rings that house the stock bose speakers, and sealing them up was a pain in the ***. The other option is an MDF baffle (I have no jigsaw or router so this would all have to be done at a buddies house). I then tossed around the idea of some q-logic kick panels, backed with some sound deadener or fiberglass to give them some extra rigidity. They are $200, and would allow me to keep the doors completely stock in case I ever sell. I also wouldn't have to use the stock wiring through the door boot etc.

What do you guys think?

Wow, just realized I had basically the same car and same build as in my sig from several years ago.

Well the thing is the stock bose is a 7" speaker, if I use an adaptor in the door its going to have to be custom made.

I love my kick panels... The speaker is pointed right at your face and really gets the sound to your ears better then being in the door.
That's not what kicks are designed to do. They will have the same dispersion pattern as a door as long as it's not beaming. It's a bit longer PLD.

I love my kick panels... The speaker is pointed right at your face and really gets the sound to your ears better then being in the door.
What kind of kicks?

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

They make them, I used one not to long ago.
Trailblazer, Envoy, Bravada 5 1/4"- 6 1/2"Speaker Adapter Pair | 6.5 Speaker Adapter | 2002 | SAGTE6 | by Scosche

Put some deadener and some butyl rope and it works great.
What about the tweeter?

only partially

using deadening materials on the back of the panel and the back of the POD would be great

you can also paint , or upholster them for a upgraded end result

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.