Python 990 Ignition wire help

Participant count
  • Participant list

thejoker989
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I am having a problem making the right ignition connection for my remote start. The way that I think it should work is the heat and a/c should come on in the run postition and lose power during crank. This would make it part accessory wire, part ignition.

The wire in my car that gives these components power is labled as an accessory wire on directtechs, but I dont want it to have power in the acc position so I have connected it to the ignition output from the remstart. Problem with that is now it has power while cranking. Any experts care to help me out, or am I making a big deal out of nothing?

Ignition wires come on in the run position and hold power during crank, Acc wires come on in the acc and run position and drop power during crank.

But then that leaves the HVAC which comes on in the run position and drops out during crank. Some people call it an Ignition 2 wire, and others call it an Accessory wire. Why people can't agree on what to call this wire confuses me.

But the other poster is correct, when it comes to a remote start you want to connect it to the accessory wire. You do not want the HVAC running when the car is cranking as that would be robbing the starter of critical power.

One thing to watch out for though is to not wire this accessory wire with the true accessory wire as this will common the two separate circuits and cause you HVAC to come on when the key is in the ACC position.

I don't even want to get started on Ignition 3, Acc 2, and starter 2 wires...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.