?!?! Pyramid Imperials !?!?

FullThrottle7
10+ year member

All right, I know that everyone dumps on Pyramid, Legacy, and all the other crap brands, but am interested in knowing if anyone here has heard good setups using this "worthless" equipment. I don't want to start any huge argument or anything, but I just heard a system at my school that was quite amazing to me. As a newb in the vast world of car audio, all I have to base comparisons on come from opinions posted on this forum and the few systems around my area. Now because of everyone's ideas on these lesser brands, I stayed as far away as I could for my first system. After hearing this kid's CRX from 1/4 mile away however, I think I might have gotten shafted. He is using two Pyramid Imperial 12" subs with a Legacy 2000 watt amp and his car is the loudest thing I have ever heard. Over the weekend, he got a ticket for blasting his stereo in front of the nearby theater from a cop that was in the parking lot of a fitness center, which was accross the immense theater lot along with a highway. With all of that bass, there wasn't a lot of music (he doesn't have his speakers amped), but that isn't really his objective. I would like to know if anyone here has had any experiences with these Pyramid Imperials. On ebay right now, there is a pair up for sale, new, in the box, for $65 plus shipping. Now for that price, I don't think SQ would be a priority, but for that much bump, I don't think I can pass up the deal. Let me know if you guys have actually experienced a system with this kind of equipment. Here is a link to the auction for the subs: http://www.pyramidcaraudio.com/itempage.asp?model=PW12290

well if u like the sound of that dudes system then buy them, but they aint the best sounding subs out there them probably sounded good to u b/c u havnt heard sum of the other brands out there b/c ur a newb buit if u want them and wanna spend ur money on them than get them, but theres better out there, i wouldnt get a legacy or a cheap amp tho id get a decent amp so they would sound a lil decent

Pryamid1.jpg
equal.gif
trash.jpg

It's not the subs or the amp doing that, it's the CRX and the install. The CRX design is just about as perfect as you can get for maximizing cabin gain and getting crazy SPL numbers. And I'm sure it was an incredibly great box design allowing the little turds to get that loud. I don't have the link handy, but there's a video somewhere of some guys who built a great box for a pair of 6x9's and had it hitting very, very loud, fooling a lot of people.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.