pyramid car audio

what year camry do you have? Do you have mids and tweets or just the old 2 way speakers? Toyota made good speakers up until 94....they had eclipse speakers and then they switched to their own brand and then jbl.

I'd suggest saving your money to get a pair of good components or coaxials. Nakamichi's are pretty good. I think you need a 5.25 so it's not that expensive...I think they're like 85 bucks off ebay. I've got nakamichi components and I love them!

Anyways, don't go cheap....I learned the hardway....you end up buying stuff all over again. It's not worth it....if you want to do it do it right!

Nick

i got a 95 camry. i really dig pioneer all around (i started that way) or infinity both can be had for fairly cheap off e-bay. if its a gen 3 or later (95 or later) it has 6.5" up front and 6*9's in the back. ive torn this car apart more times then j-lows been ***** slapped by puffy so if ya got any questions let me know!

my suggestion go find a pair of eclipse or nakamichi components for the fronts, you'll be much happier. As for the back, point source 6x9s by eclipse are really good too. The point source comes with a cross over so it'll make your sound much much cleaner. Check them out on ebay, the prices are fairly reasonable.

In my opinion, pioneer speakers aren't that great. I like their subs but you gotta admit, they're a bit too quite. Only thing I like about them are their HUs.

Nick

I admit pioneers are not the loudest, but since dude is looking at pyramid im guessing that $ is his bottom line. pioneer offer a pretty good stock upgrade and can be amped. there is always the premier line as well! either way if he were to go for any decent component set in the toy' im pretty sure he'll be happy. jmo.

well i definately want the chjeapest, yet still get decent ****.....

yeah i think i do have 6.5" up front (its a 96, so i assume even more since you told me so..haha). and definately 6x9 in the back.

all 4 speakers crackle and pop, so new ones all over for 50ish bucks would be my tite...haha.

mainly though - my cd player i just installed is a piece of **** (35 w x 4 speakers)...4 ohms it says it can handle.

so....NOW what do you suggest me? hhaah.

dude, i have a pioneer deh-p6300

It's a kickass hu. I don't think it's my hu. I'll try to reground my deck to see what happens though.....don't think it'll do much.

i agree with toyotanut pioneer HU's are the way to go for affordable/quality mix. another sugestion for front speakers tho, with a lil-modifacation 8" speakers fit nicely //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif in the front doors! just build a baffel that attaches to the door panel and remove the black plastic deal that hols the normal 6.5. sound deadin the door and you got a whole lot more bass/sound up front. just an idea.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.