putting amp to stock speakers

It is likely that the standard speakers are average quality at best, and have low power handling. If this is the case then any gains will be minimal. Having said that, it is also likely you will notice a small improvement by giving them a better power supply over the standard head unit.

The best match for factory speakers is the factory head unit and/or factory amp. They are designed to be a matched set.

In My Opinion - you are not likely to gain anything from adding an aftermarket amp to the factory speakers, and you only risk blowing them out after all your effort.

You'll notice a good deal of improvement as long as the factory speakers are in good shape. And keep in mind that factory speakers are only rated for about 15 watts, so driving them with a lot of power may damage them.

How big of a four channel is it? what kind and model?

I hooked up a aq 120.4 (with my excelon x996) to my stock speakers. It is set pretty conservatively though. I felt they sound better now (compared to stock radio) and are much louder. I have had it this way for over a year now. The drivers rear door does have something going on now but it lasted a good while. I also have them (the rears) crossed over as well.

Just be careful with the gains and use a crossover if you have one. and if & when they blow buy better speakers.

Lmao. I tried putting a sundown audio sax-100.4 on all my stock speakers. Didn't end so well. Got A LOT of smoke hahahaha. Answer: Would be better off buying better speakers.

As people have said some times it ends up a little better sometimes you smoke them all. I wouldn't do if you have just average speakers in your car, I amped my Bose speakers and they ended up sounding a lot better but the speakers didn't last long

You'll notice a good deal of improvement as long as the factory speakers are in good shape. And keep in mind that factory speakers are only rated for about 15 watts, so driving them with a lot of power may damage them.
I second this. It will sound a lot better just make sure you dont overpower them. Amps always sound better than headunits

The 3 shouldn't have an amplifier with DSP, so as long as your speakers aren't already making crackling sounds you should get an improvement from adding an amplifier. Set the gain so you use less of the volume range so you're not amplifying a badly distorted signal at your maximum comfortable loudness. You don't need any fancy equipment to do this, listen and trust your ears. You probably already know how high you can actually turn up the volume before it gets nasty sounding.

Lol didn't even realize this thread got posted! But yeah its only like a 100w amp so not too much power. Just want it a little louder so my 2 15s arnt the only thing you hear. I plan on getting aftermarket ones soon I'm just spending a lot on getting my sub stage set up. Thanks for all the info

look at the motors on your stock speakers and then think about if you want to amp them.

I say you do it, then when they blow up you will be forced to spend some money on something other than making your trunk rattle to death.

look at the motors on your stock speakers and then think about if you want to amp them.
I say you do it, then when they blow up you will be forced to spend some money on something other than making your trunk rattle to death.
The size of the motor doesn't dictate power handling, especially if the factory speakers have neodymium magnets. Have you ever safely added an amplifier to factory speakers? Lots of people have done it. If the OP blows his speakers it's a lesson learned, because it would happen from carelessness.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.