Pulling power from amp?

panteramatt
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Im going to be putting an amp in my Yamaha Rhino atv's roof. I would like ot runs a small led dome light also. Would it hurt anything to connect the pos and neg from the light to the amp? Would put a switch inline of the pos cable to turn it off. Just dont wanna run another power wire if I dont have to. How much power would th elight pull and would it cause a spike or any porblems when running both?

i did a bad *** rhino install when i lived in phx. put 2 amps 4 spks 2 subs all off of an ipod hook up no deck. honestly you should be able to run the led off of the switch your installing. im gona guess the switch is gonna hook directly to the battery so current should not be an issue.

I would use the remote wire to the amp but thats gonna be on a switch too to turn it on and off so if i wired into that, the amp would have to be on for the light to be on.

nah you will be fine. i would run a FUSED wire from the battery to the switch and switch to the light and amp turn on at the same time.
sounds good to me.

i got a generic 40 watt amp thing with a 7.5 amp fuse in it i run right off a old battery that got weak and didnt fire the car up when it was -10 out with a cord that has a rca on the end and a 3.5 mm jack like your set up. hooked to 2 6x9's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.