PSP Calc

andrios
10+ year member

Chicago
Using this website: http://psp-inc.com/psp-inc.com/public_html/..%5Ccgi-bin%5Cport_length_calculator.cgi

When entering the values in the boxes, what should I enter in the Volume of Box in Cubic Feet:? Before or after sub displacement? Seems like it makes a couple inch difference in my case.

Volume of Box in Cubic Feet: 1.25(after sub displacement) or 1.46(before sub displacement)

Tuning Freq: 30hz(I think I wanna go to 32-34hz)

Port Diameter: 3"

# of ports: 1

ATM my port is flared on both sides, the 3" one you get from parts-express. It looks to be almost 16" in length from flare to flare........If I wanna go a little higher in my tune and I cut the flare off the end will it sound like ****??

I have no upper bass freq just the lower and I don't like the way my re se 10 sounds atm.

anyone know how it would sound if I cut it to the length the PSP calc recommends and lose the flare off the one end??

taking the inside flare off will raise the tuning a little, and it shouldnt sound like ****, it will just be like a regular round port.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

andrios

10+ year member
andrios
Chicago
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from