pros who know their jbl bp1200.1, please help

Budnik
10+ year member

ok, do I need to plug in 4 rca cables to the amp? if any of you have or can take pics of your amp while it is connected it would help alot. I have 1 pair of sub preots, rear preouts, and front preouts on my head unit. and if i am wanting to get a 2 ohm load to each woofer(dual 4 ohm coils) how would i do this?

thanks,

matt

I'm not sure on this, but shouldnt be able to do that with one pair of rca ?

In either case you are always able to use speaker out and rca in combination, i dont know one amp that doesnt have speaker connects. Just take your rear speaker cables of your HU and plug those in your amp, leave the rca as it is.

gl

People have said they have had probelms with not gettin the correct ammount of voltage if not using all 4 outputs but I think that doesnt make all that much of a diffrence but just incase just go buy a couple of y adapters and this will correct your problem.

You need to have y-adaptors so that your rca's are going to all 4 inputs. Thats all there is to it. Don't need to hook up the speaker-level inputs and it doesnt matter which speaker outputs you use. Just make sure your rca's are going to all 4 inputs if you want full power.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

then do i need to hook 1 sub up to each of the speaker outs? if i do this will it send out 600 watts to each sub. i don't have to hook up both vioce coils on the subs woofer do i. if i don't then i could get a 2 ohm load.

matt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.