~Project Stealth Avalanche~ 4 15's, 4krms, dash mod, *pics*

should be loud..how much did everything total up to?
lots //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif. Somewhere between 4-5grand all said and done.

In for the pics as this should be interesting.
You said box in the bed and you have an Avalanche, so IIRC, you can gain access through the back correct?

Should be sweet! And good luck!
Yes. Avalanches are designed with a removable rear wall, essentially. There is a "midgate", where you can open that up, remove the rear window, and turn the bed of the truck into an 8 foot bed rather than just a 5 foot bed.

I'll simply be removing the mid gate and replacing it with the box and adding a beauty panel.

should be interesting man! how ya gonna wire all those LED's?
Im not sure yet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif . The wiring itself for them seems pretty basic, just a power and ground loop, and i'll throw a switch in there so they arent always on.

The LED strips themselves have 3M tape on the back of them, so mounting them wont be an issue.

If you use the newer dash bezel you will have to cut it low near the climate controls. The original dash just requires triming around the radio
i have a pretty good idea of what needs to happen. Im going to have to trim near the climate controls, just as you said. There are also a couple of mounting spots that will have to come off, and the climate controls will have to be dropped down a wee bit. Ill have to bend back/replace the dash support bracket behind the unit to make room for the DOUBLE-DIN's depth (boy im glad it doesnt have a separate brain).

Its gonna be a hoot to get in there, but for the most part everything will be pretty straightforward. I'll proly just make a wood casing to mount the HU slip onto, then screw the wood casing straight into the dash cage.

i have a pretty good idea of what needs to happen. Im going to have to trim near the climate controls, just as you said. There are also a couple of mounting spots that will have to come off, and the climate controls will have to be dropped down a wee bit. Ill have to bend back/replace the dash support bracket behind the unit to make room for the DOUBLE-DIN's depth (boy im glad it doesnt have a separate brain).
Its gonna be a hoot to get in there, but for the most part everything will be pretty straightforward. I'll proly just make a wood casing to mount the HU slip onto, then screw the wood casing straight into the dash cage.
No need to, there are 2 factory mounting points you can use right next to the radio. a couple radio straps will do the trick. We used to do the dash mod at work a lot, I hated doing them. lol

No need to, there are 2 factory mounting points you can use right next to the radio. a couple radio straps will do the trick. We used to do the dash mod at work a lot, I hated doing them. lol
orly? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I'll have to check into that. You may have a PM from me with questions in a week or so lol

6th Order makes me very happy.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif:veryhapp://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/boink.gif.91933e72f927f2cefc79aff02573090c.gif

the build is coming along slowly due to my load of schoolwork i also have to be doing, but its coming along nonetheless. Today i got the holes cut on the baffles and started some glueing and screwing. I also did a nice little mockup.

P9070678.jpg

P9070680.jpg

P9070681.jpg

This joint was giving me some troubles, so its staying like this overnight

P9070682.jpg

UPS gave me a call today, and my sonicelectronix order is supposed to arrive tomorrow //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/woot.gif.aaa6090e619a97b6090d16dd863c5a69.gif hopefully i'll be out of class so i can sign for it.

nice to see its comming along...
yeah it is lol. I really wish i could be spending more time on it, but calc III, statics, linear algebra, physics, and public speaking think otherwise //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

tomorrow night, bidding my homework load, i should be getting the rest of the box together.

looks good man. im loving how the avalanche is setup, so you can put the box in there. are you going to have any of the bed left when the box is in there?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Supergumby5000

5,000+ posts
Project: F350 begins...
Supergumby5000
Pullman, WA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date