Project Blue Bug

Louisiana_CRX
5,000+ posts

dem shoes......
Well time to start another build log since most people enjoy seeing them...This one is called Project Blue Bug...It will be a build in my Blue Vw Beetle Turbo Diesel ...My first phase of the project is to replace the worn and torn factory door speakers....

Vdub001.jpg

Vdub002.jpg

Vdub003.jpg

The factory speakers are held in by 4 rivets...so I had to drill them out...Then I custom modified a Honda Accord aftermarket speaker bracket to fit the stock location then adding some deadning on the inner door wall....

Vdub004.jpg

Vdub005.jpg

Vdub006.jpg

I had put a diffrent Blaupunkt on the passenger side a couple of days ago but have misplaced its mate...It fit with out modifing the brackets...It was a 6" .... the new speakers are 6.5's....This is where I removed the other speaker...

Vdub007.jpg

Vdub008.jpg

Vdub009.jpg

Vdub013.jpg

Look forward to seeing this! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Yeah it should be pretty nice,,,I'm gonna run an old school Lightning Audio staggered powered S300.4 ....on the front stage and sub...for the sub stage I'll run a single DD 10

I played with running some wiring in it today....and tried several amps...but none fit where I want or produced the needed power....Though its not gonna be a big system it should be fairly nice....I also had to fix a faulty fog light on it today ....I didn't take any pics of todays work on it....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.