Progressive insurance renewal to include stereo equipment.

2012ScionTC
10+ year member

Just a heads up. I called progressive today while renewing my car insurance policy, explained what I had done to the new car and how much the equipment costs where for my stereo gear installation. (over 3,000 totaled up should I have to replace it). I was able to purchase additional insurance for anything I upgraded on the car up to $3500 bucks for an additional $12.00 a month. This included the dynamat, wiring, big 3 upgrade, amps, speakers, head unit and everything. I explained I had photo's of everything installed in the car, models, serial number and everything and she said keep that on file in case anything happened and I needed to submit a claim.

Needless to say I'm more than happy to pay the 144 a year to cover my setup should the car get hit, totaled or broken into... (hopefully this will not happen!). If you have high dollar equipment I would suggest checking with company to see if you can get it covered!

Just a FYI, Progressive is one of the worst insurance companies to file a self claim with. Even if the car is broken into and have a police report and so forth.. Also Find a local agent office and have them inspect all said equipment in the car and take pictures of the agent inspecting the car.

Too bad progressive doesn't owe up their claims. Look up a few of the major law issues they're in
True, they are the worst insurance company to deal with, I had to deal with them when one of their customers totaled out my car. Had to follow through with threats of lawyers, BBB complaints and complaints to the Attorney General here in Louisiana to get them to settle for a half decent claim on my end. And I was still screwed dry

wonder if GEICO does that sort of thing at the low of a price.
I have Geico now, I haven't had any issues with them or USagencies, they are the best here in Louisiana for the price. My brother has had to file claims against both and they settled quickly and for more than the value of the car and injuries.

I have Geico now, I haven't had any issues with them or USagencies, they are the best here in Louisiana for the price. My brother has had to file claims against both and they settled quickly and for more than the value of the car and injuries.
thats good to hear.

Interesting to hear how progressive handles claims, I had no idea they were that shady. Makes sense though, when I was looking for jobs a few years ago I applied for some pizza delivery positions and the job ad said don't bother applying if you have Progressive insurance. They are based in a town about 30mins from me here in northeast Ohio and all you hear about them is praise.

Get you a good neighbor:). I've had my stereo covered by them for years. Had the stuff stolen one time, insurance paid enough for me to replace it all at retail, and even purchase a higher end HU.

Plus they are the cheaps for such good coverage.

Get you a good neighbor:). I've had my stereo covered by them for years. Had the stuff stolen one time, insurance paid enough for me to replace it all at retail, and even purchase a higher end HU.
Plus they are the cheaps for such good coverage.
State Farm, All State insurance and Farmers insurance are the best out there but the price is high.. Geico, Usagencies are the best in their price ranges

State Farm, All State insurance and Farmers insurance are the best out there but the price is high.. Geico, Usagencies are the best in their price ranges
Thanks to my family having had them for a while, State Farm for me is actually cheaper than even cut rate companies. Pays to stay with them.

Thanks to my family having had them for a while, State Farm for me is actually cheaper than even cut rate companies. Pays to stay with them.
Same here, my p's have had all their insurance dealings w/ amfam since forever. I'm still able to be listed with them too, my own policy n' stuff but one way or another it trickles down to me. Like I said, long time customer. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I've saved alot of money //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif :greedy:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

2012ScionTC

10+ year member
2012ScionTC
Lawrenceville, GA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from