Problems...

Participant count
  • Participant list

RebelDogg
10+ year member

Badd Dogg
Okay, I think it's my amp. So maybe I should be posting in the amp forum, but I'm not sure so here goes:

I got in my truck yesterday and after a few seconds I heard a little click then smelled burning. Also the display on my HU kinda flicked off then back on. I couldn't find the smell. The HU displays been acting up a bit lately. Kinda going all squirrely or flipping off and then back on. Not too often, but too often for a unit that's just over a year old.

Anyway. Going down the road worried about what I smelled when I smell it again. I hear a little clickclickclick and smell it again.

Also, I was not listening to music. I have been learning a foreign language and I link my Blackjack II via bluetooth to listen to my MP3s. So... no bass.

The next day I pop in my Rush CD and have no sub. No more smells or clicks, though.

I wonder if it could be the sub that went bad, but would it make an electrical burning smell?

The amp still has a green light, but it's not getting warm. Which makes me wonder if it's working.

My HU is a Premier p980BT, Sub is Kicker CVX 12" w/ ZX750.1 amp.

I don't really have a way to test on a different speaker to see if the amp works. I'm trying to get in touch with a friend to help me out, but it may be a while.

Any thoughts? Also, could this have been caused by using my phone to play the MP3s? Specifically since it's all talking with no bass. I don't know if that could mess anything up or not. But it seems odd since I've only just started playing the MP3s recently, then this happens. All the equipment in my truck is just over a year old.

Thanks!

Slide your deck out and power sniff the rear of it, match the smell and you got a funny deck. I have the same deck and sometimes the screen goes blank but it still plays music, kinda frustrating.

I was wondering if it could be the HU, but I wasn't sure. Mainly because the amp isn't warming up at all. Seems like it should even if there's no signal from the stereo. At least a little bit.

But yeah, that's a good idea. I'll try that. Thanks, shakinghorizons .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.