Problems with .mp3 cd's burned with Nero

tuck05
10+ year member

SLAMMIN ORGASMS
The last 4 or 5 .mp3 cd's i've burned with nero do not play in my 860. I burned them the same way as I always have. The cd's work fine in my home dvd player. I've tried both maxell and memorex cd's and neither work. I burned them at 24x. I shortened all the filenames.

What is going on here? Should I get rid of Nero and try something else? What do you guys recommend?

Also, I slowed down a few songs using audacity. I have lame so I can export them as a .mp3. My home dvd player wont play the slowed songs on the .mp3 cd. Did I do something wrong when editing the files?

The last 4 or 5 .mp3 cd's i've burned with nero do not play in my 860. I burned them the same way as I always have. The cd's work fine in my home dvd player. I've tried both maxell and memorex cd's and neither work. I burned them at 24x. I shortened all the filenames.

What is going on here? Should I get rid of Nero and try something else? What do you guys recommend?

Also, I slowed down a few songs using audacity. I have lame so I can export them as a .mp3. My home dvd player wont play the slowed songs on the .mp3 cd. Did I do something wrong when editing the files?
could be a couple problems. either you aren't using a disc that is compatible with the head unit. i stick with -R discs. also, make sure you are "finalizing" the disc, meaning you don't want it to be re-writable.

some things I would try.

1) Try a slower burn speed

2) Try Verbatam burnable cd's (I've always had good luck with those when others wouldn't burn)

3) Could very well be Nero, it can **** at times. Try a free 30 day trial on another program or burn with windows.

One of those should take care of your problem.

Tate

I've burned 30 or so of the maxell cd's that work. The disc is being finalized. I am going to try again with nero at 12x speed with a maxell cd. If that doesn't work I am going to d/l a different burning program. If that doesn't work I am going to try the verbatam cd's.

Any ideas as to why the songs slowed with audacity do not play? They work fine on the computer but will not work with anything else.

i use nero 7 and have never had that problem . also use maxell CDR's and have no problem . only thing that i cant figure out is why they always smell so bad when you first open them

I burn with taiyo yuden media all else is junk. verbatim for dual layer. IMGBURN learn it, good program for most people. I burn at no greater that 8x for cds and 1x for dvds when making the first copy on a special disc and check for errors then proceed with duplication. I will use junk media if requested or provided but give no warranty. I have never found nero to be good ever.

I burn with taiyo yuden media all else is junk. verbatim for dual layer. IMGBURN learn it, good program for most people. I burn at no greater that 8x for cds and 1x for dvds when making the first copy on a special disc and check for errors then proceed with duplication. I will use junk media if requested or provided but give no warranty. I have never found nero to be good ever.
I totally agree! I used to order exclusively from here: http://www.mediasupply.com/ when I DJed. Mitsui Gold blanks were always my first choice and slivers were second. Taiyo Yunden makes great media too! Most of the stuff you can get at your local Office supply place is junk... Especially Imation and their offshoot brands!

there's nothing wrong with nero. i've used roxio and nero for years. i don't use either of those to convert though. for converting to mp3, i use db poweramp, then burn it to disc with nero or roxio. as far as media goes, i downloaded a free program called "dvd identifier". it actually tells you which company manufactured it. memorex tends to be the worst, made my cmc magnetics, which is notorious for producing cheap discs. the maxell golds i have are made by ritech i think. it makes a difference. i am not to picky with media, as long as it isn't made by cmc magnetics. TY you have to order online. in store, i stick with verbatim, sony, and maxell gold tops, none of which use cmc.

I totally agree! I used to order exclusively from here: http://www.mediasupply.com/ when I DJed. Mitsui Gold blanks were always my first choice and slivers were second. Taiyo Yunden makes great media too! Most of the stuff you can get at your local Office supply place is junk... Especially Imation and their offshoot brands!
office store brands aren't as bad as memorex:fyi:

office store brands aren't as bad as memorex:fyi:
That is correct. I've had some of them made by Taiyo Yunden before. The only problem is consistency. One spindle could be made by a great manufacturer another spindle may be made by Imation. You just never know what you are going to get:(

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.