pro-rabbit - good guy, shady deal

Participant count
  • Participant list

maniackilla
10+ year member

cout<<"c++";
its been a while since the incident, whenever the next to last *or somewhere close to that* usaci show was in sikeston. we arranged that id buy my 4 concept pt-12s for 450 shipped. he told me that the subs were gonna cost 45 each to ship or something like that after he already had my money. the only mutual decision we had was meeting each other at the usaci show. we also agreed he would build me a box since i felt it was so convenient.

i agreed and me and my friend drove to MO and arrived at 6am, got an hour of sleep and went to the show. i told ihm my friend had to work at 6 and it was a good 2-3hr drive. he arrives 1.5 hours late. we hook everything up and it sounds great. il explain why in a minute. my amp instantly overheated and the output speaker wire was very hot. we had to go and the only thing we decided on was bigger speaker wire. anyways we make it home.

one of the subs had a big dent in the cone that i wasnt informed of until i bought them. this sub has a very noticable audible clacking at high volume. the dent may be hitting something?

in another sub there was a hole in the surround, he didnt know anyhting about that one. i dont know who done it or where it happened.

another sub had the tinsel leads broken from the basket mount connectors and the wires were electrical taped up ... he forgot to tell me about that one also.

the reason the amp got hot was b/c he wired the subs to a .25 ohm load which my amp luckily burped for a few minutes and didnt fry.

in order to fix the sub i had to take the box out, which took 6hrs and the sub that needed soldering JUST happened to be in the very rear. the box made a horrid clacking sound and a lot of port noise also so i took it apart to see what was up with that also. i told him to brace the middle and he didnt, and the entire box was flexing. 4 12's across a 30"x35" baffle doesnt exactly not move. i tore the box out and saved it for wood. everyone that ive had opinions from here agree the box is definately not a quality build.

i also paid him for the box, 80 dollars, and i didnt want it carpeted but he convinced me to anyways. the box had 2 sides missing carpet and one side just had carpet attached to the speaker terminal and the rest was flopping loosely. the speaker terminal was also unsecure and unreliable.

the guy was nice and offered a lot of help and i still consider him a friend. but when business comes down to business i give dustin an F not only for the *forgetting to tell me* but also for the extra work and effort put forth to attempt getting this system up to par.

i have also heard of others, who i will not name, getting a shady deal much like i did. if your looking to make a knowledgable friend - enjoy, buyers - beware

Ok, first prior to picking up the subs he knew about the dent in the cone becuase you could see it in the pic..and he asked....The box was working perfect before he took it apart to take the sub out.(not saying it didn't need the brace but it played and worked perfect until he took it apart). The tensel was my fault as I did forget to mention that it was broke. The surround did not have a hole you said it was scuffed and my take is when we had to take the extra effort to get the box in the car the sub more then likely hit the back of your car. You were there and saw/helped in how the box went in that is the best odds on what happend. I did make every effort with him to get anything and everything resolved...

As for my rep I have fixed anything that did not go as planed as you stated I am a very nice guy and I do everything I can to get things resolved. I am very sorry that this ended the way it did. I apreciate you keeping me a nice guy in all this as you were very patient as well. If you ever want me to help in anyway as I last told you, just ask.....

Oh..and the ohm load was all my fault I wired the box up in a hurry and I called his cell on my way home to try and tell him of my error, but I got a voice mail. No ecuses I should have told him of the lead being broke but that did slip my mind and as I arove late we spent the extra time getting the box in the car.

Again we both were more then willing to work out the differences. I offered money and he asked for another box. Then all contact just stopped(which is odd sence we are on MSN) but at any time you would like to still discuss this let me know and as I stated I have been and still am able/willing to fix resolve anything.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

maniackilla

10+ year member
cout<<"c++";
maniackilla
McKenzie, TN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies