pro box builders come in! i haz a question

Participant count
  • Participant list

05fronty
5,000+ posts

SALT PETER
conway,ar
i'm trying to meter higher in my nissan frontier and my truck peaks at 70 hz. i'm confused about the fs rating on a sub. one person told me i need a higher fs sub to meter better and someone else told me it wouldn't make that big of a difference. opinions please.

FS isn't everything, there are a lot of other t/s that affect how a sub will act in a high tuned box like you're wanting...a lot of it isn't necessarily predictable. You can do aeroports and just mess with lengths/tunings until you find the sweet spot. If you don't have your own meter this will take a while though.

FS isn't everything, there are a lot of other t/s that affect how a sub will act in a high tuned box like you're wanting...a lot of it isn't necessarily predictable. You can do aeroports and just mess with lengths/tunings until you find the sweet spot. If you don't have your own meter this will take a while though.
i have access to a new tl. i just don't want to get a pair of subs and not accomplishing anything new lol.

well first off, are you planning on competing? cuz if not tuning that high is literally retarded.. and if you are competing since you have a pickup why not a blowthrough?

^^^Maybe he doesn't want to go that big and spend a lot of money on the setup? That's the only reason I can assume he hasn't brought it up yet.

Assuming he has a Frontier, he can "easily" hit 150 outlaw, and not spend a ton doing it...it's just all in the box and sub/port aiming to get the most out of it.

OP, what are you metering at right now? What's your current setup like?

^^^Maybe he doesn't want to go that big and spend a lot of money on the setup? That's the only reason I can assume he hasn't brought it up yet.
Assuming he has a Frontier, he can "easily" hit 150 outlaw, and not spend a ton doing it...it's just all in the box and sub/port aiming to get the most out of it.

OP, what are you metering at right now? What's your current setup like?
yeah i don't want to cut on my truck lol. i just want to stay in the 251-500. i am now thinking of going with 3 12's. i'm currently hitting a 45.6 on music and a 48.4 in the spl port on 2 brutus square 12's on 1500 watts. i since sold the 12's though. this was outlaw in the kick

Having a high tuned box is like dropping a pinto motor in a vette IMO
Anything goes if you're trying to win. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Not tuning high, when you peak that high, is just plain dumb and hurting your score.

yeah i don't want to cut on my truck lol. i just want to stay in the 251-500. i am now thinking of going with 3 12's. i'm currently hitting a 45.6 on music and a 48.4 in the spl port on 2 brutus square 12's on 1500 watts. i since sold the 12's though. this was outlaw in the kick
Sub/port orientation?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.