Price seems kinda high?

Participant count
  • Participant list
If you have the JBL with factory touch screen it's going to cost quite a bit more just for the install kit($250) and $150 for the Idatalink interface module.

Alot of newer cars are more complicated and expensive to replace the stereos in.

Without the JBL or touch screen

$120 for Idatalink module.
$47 for factory integration adaptor.
$20 for dash mounting kit.
$8 for antenna adaptor.

So $200 for that, $250 for radio, and the rest in labor cost.

If you want to save that $250 in labor you can do it yourself. It's not that complicated and I'm sure you could find a how to on Youtube.

Without the JBL or touch screen

$120 for Idatalink module.
$47 for factory integration adaptor.
$20 for dash mounting kit.
$8 for antenna adaptor.

So $200 for that, $250 for radio, and the rest in labor cost.

If you want to save that $250 in labor you can do it yourself. It's not that complicated and I'm sure you could find a how to on Youtube.
Doesn't sound like it would that hard, BB said 4.5hr but the install was to be free

If you buy from Sonicelectronix or Crutchfield they will include the mounting kit, sometimes a wiring harness depending on how the stock setup was done from factory and antenna adapter but you will still need the factory integration adapter & Idatalink Module. But IIRC both of them give you breaks on that stuff if you buy it all at once. But they will walk you through any questions you have and get you the right stuff if you have any questions or issues on what to buy all you have to do is email them or use the chat service they have or call them if it is during the day.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.