PRECISION POWER SPL

Macksamillion

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a stock 2014 Honda Accord Sedan. I plan on building an audio system around my Pioneer AVIC 8200 GPS unit. I don't have any other equipment yet. I just know that I plan on having a pair of 12's for bass. I don't know which ones yet.

While doing research, I came across the Precision Power SPL series amps. They have a few different models, but I am interested in the one PPI claims is 5000 watts (I don't have the model number). It's rated at 3000 watts RMS at 1 ohm. I saw it on Amazon and it got good reviews. The people seem to love it. But it's only got 17 reviews; not enough to make me run and buy it just yet.

I tried to find other sites where it might be featured, but I didn't find any. I tried to find sites where I could get technical information. I got none. I searched Youtube to see if there were any dyno videos which showcased the amp. There were none. This series amp isn't even on the Precision Power website. I would like to hear from anyone who has any personal experience with this amp. I would like to know if it lives up to its RMS rating. In doing my research, I also like the Skar RP2000.1. If I can't get enough information on the PPI, I would likely go with the Skar. But I would rather go with the Precision Power unit because it's a smaller unit and it allows more flexibility as far as installation options.

ppi.jpg

I have a stock 2014 Honda Accord Sedan. I plan on building an audio system around my Pioneer AVIC 8200 GPS unit. I don't have any other equipment yet. I just know that I plan on having a pair of 12's for bass. I don't know which ones yet.

While doing research, I came across the Precision Power SPL series amps. They have a few different models, but I am interested in the one PPI claims is 5000 watts (I don't have the model number). It's rated at 3000 watts RMS at 1 ohm. I saw it on Amazon and it got good reviews. The people seem to love it. But it's only got 17 reviews; not enough to make me run and buy it just yet.

I tried to find other sites where it might be featured, but I didn't find any. I tried to find sites where I could get technical information. I got none. I searched Youtube to see if there were any dyno videos which showcased the amp. There were none. This series amp isn't even on the Precision Power website. I would like to hear from anyone who has any personal experience with this amp. I would like to know if it lives up to its RMS rating. In doing my research, I also like the Skar RP2000.1. If I can't get enough information on the PPI, I would likely go with the Skar. But I would rather go with the Precision Power unit because it's a smaller unit and it allows more flexibility as far as installation options.

View attachment 21690
They did a black ice line with a 5000 and. A 7000 the 7000 did about 4500 rms on amp Dyno on dynamic run but it was also .5 ohm stable he also did the 5000 and it did over 2500 rms about 2700 Wich is right about what the Skar rp 2k can do providing you can supply the voltage and amperage these kinds of amps draw your talking around a 300 amp draw so you will need to upgrade all wiring from alt to batteryand from battery groung to chassis with a ofc 0/1. Guage no cca. Pure 100%oxygen free copper I recommend down for sounds house wire I would have paid a lil under 7$ a door for ofc 0/1 guage ffrom local shop for ofc kicker wire I paid like 3.25 from Down4sound they're house wire just but a roll of 25' for power and if your going to run a second battery which I highly recommend if running a amp capable of doing over 2krms I would get 12-15' of ground in your choice of colors I we t with blue iced for power and just black for ground as for asubs check out Resilient Sounds even they're entry level subs have an impressive xmax Wich is how far a sub can move each way it has. About 20mm of linear xmax each way so a total of 40 and the more air you can move the louder or potential to.be louder providing you have the power typically every 3-4 db= twice the aucustical out put and to gain that 3 db you rule of thumb is double rthe power or double amount of subs hospe this helps

They did a black ice line with a 5000 and. A 7000 the 7000 did about 4500 rms on amp Dyno on dynamic run but it was also .5 ohm stable he also did the 5000 and it did over 2500 rms about 2700 Wich is right about what the Skar rp 2k can do providing you can supply the voltage and amperage these kinds of amps draw your talking around a 300 amp draw so you will need to upgrade all wiring from alt to batteryand from battery groung to chassis with a ofc 0/1. Guage no cca. Pure 100%oxygen free copper I recommend down for sounds house wire I would have paid a lil under 7$ a door for ofc 0/1 guage ffrom local shop for ofc kicker wire I paid like 3.25 from Down4sound they're house wire just but a roll of 25' for power and if your going to run a second battery which I highly recommend if running a amp capable of doing over 2krms I would get 12-15' of ground in your choice of colors I we t with blue iced for power and just black for ground as for asubs check out Resilient Sounds even they're entry level subs have an impressive xmax Wich is how far a sub can move each way it has. About 20mm of linear xmax each way so a total of 40 and the more air you can move the louder or potential to.be louder providing you have the power typically every 3-4 db= twice the aucustical out put and to gain that 3 db you rule of thumb is double rthe power or double amount of subs hospe this helps
PS look on YouTube do a search on the amp and you will find people doing amp dyno's one guy who does alot of the is Williston labs he isn't sponsored and is not biased towards one brand or another he shows you the numbers on the amp Dyno during testing and he has alot of videos of amps he's dynoed so he will probably have it or shave info on it I know he did the black ice 5000. And it probably has same board with minor diffrences

View attachment 21690
The ppi of today aint the 90s stuff... I see you realize that op.
Just looking at fusing and power terminals their rms ratings look wishful to me

Personally id hard pass on that one... Spl huh?.. Lmao

The ppi of today aint the 90s stuff... I see you realize that op.
Just looking at fusing and power terminals their rms ratings look wishful to me
View attachment 21692
Personally id hard pass on that one... Spl huh?.. Lmao
Figure about 12 watts per 10 amp fuse rating give or take 20%. The amp looks to be fused with a 120 amp maxi Ive seen amps rated at 500 rms with. 60 watt amp do 1,200 watts rms (Alpine mrv500) on a amp Dyno if your looking for about 2000 watts rms and.dont want to spend much here are a few amps for under 200 some 150 or less Skar rp 1500 it will do almost 2,200 rms dynamic ( simulates music.like kick drums certified about 1700 uncertified (to clipping) about 1875 watts. Rms. Audiopipe apml 1500. Does basically same numbers, audiopipe apml 2000 easily does 2k rms at 1 ohm and dynamic run was lil over 2700 again pulling over 250 amps. My last recommended amp in this post is the Rockville rxd m4 1500 you can pick this amp up for around 120-140 now this amp easily exceeds 1500 it's rated at doing almost 1800 certified uncertified just over 2k at 1 ohm but here is the kicker at .5 ohms which isn't recommended or warrantied for if you say you ran it at a half ohm but on amp Dyno at .5 ohms it did 3300 watts rms.on a 250 amp fuse that would mean for that amp to. Put out that power being a class d which typically are 77-85% effecient it would have had to be about 175%. Effecient which is impossible lol so it is possible for the amp to put out more power than what the fuse rating would indicate myself I'm going to order a Rockville m4 1500 later today also check out there ,subs you can get 2 k6 series 12s for under 150 and they have a good motor structure well made and have A Xmax of 24 mm each way Wich a kicker compR that's about 220 each has 13 mm each way the Also have a k9 series that's a very dbeefy sub in the 3-500 class of compatible stats with other company's such as Skar sundown crecendo DC.ect but people had problems with glue failing they May have fixed those problems by now but if not they give you a 90 day money back guarantee including shipping if for any reason you're not happy with the product for any reason and it's allMade in u.s.

Figure about 12 watts per 10 amp fuse rating give or take 20%.
My amp repair guy told me to multiply Amps x 10 volts as a base rms rating. I have used this method and found it quite accurate for class d amps. That PPI amp with 120 amp fuse will do 1200 watts rms. I like Rockville equipment because amps are cea2006 compliant. That means their ratings are spot on, and their prices are awesome for those of us whom are just starting out or on a tight budget. In my youth Pyramid was the go to brand for us kids with no cars but wanting a sound system. First new subs I ever purchased, totally loved them. They disappeared while I was in juvi. Homemade tiny ass sealed box and all. Lol. Good times.

My amp repair guy told me to multiply Amps x 10 volts as a base rms rating. I have used this method and found it quite accurate for class d amps. That PPI amp with 120 amp fuse will do 1200 watts rms. I like Rockville equipment because amps are cea2006 compliant. That means their ratings are spot on, and their prices are awesome for those of us whom are just starting out or on a tight budget. In my youth Pyramid was the go to brand for us kids with no cars but wanting a sound system. First new subs I ever purchased, totally loved them. They disappeared while I was in juvi. Homemade tiny ass sealed box and all. Lol. Good times.
It's funny you mention Pyramid. They were the go-to of lots of back-alley installers back in the day. They had some SOMEWHAT decent amps if you knew which ones to use. I remember putting a PB-1000 on a box with four Super Pro 12's in the back if a 1986 Golf. It wouldn't have won any competitions, but you could hear it coming from half a block away.

Super Pros were going to be my upgrade after the regular subs. Guy had pair of 12s in an octagon tube and those things slammed. As for the amps, some of them were actually made by ZED Audio. That is around the time he moved to America and started HiFonics while building for other companies as well.

Ok now you're talking my language. HiFonics was the sh... back in the day. I did one Accord with an Aphrodite on the JL Audio upgrades in the factory locations, and a Zeus powering two 15/W2's (I think that was the model #). The box was facing forward. The total box volume was 4cubic feet (sealed) for both woofers, and damn that was loud. He used to set off car alarms with that thing. I also did a setup with a Boltar in a blazer with four Super Pro 12's facing up in a ported box. Back then, that was the loudest vehicle I'd ever done... and it was only 400 WATTS on BASS!!. Amps nowadays may give a lot more watts out and may be a lot cheaper ($ per watt) than they were 20 years ago, but it seem like the older stuff was just more potent. It sounded better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...