Preamp outputs

Yanksrox94

So first of all I'm new here to this forum and have a few questions. I drive a 2004 Honda civic coupe and have some questions about preamp outputs.

Well so far I have an alpine CDe-124 sxm hu with 1 preamp output

I have 2 alpine speakers in the front and 2 Polk audio speakers in the back.

These 4 are powered by an Polk audio pa660 4 channel a/b amp.

Now the thing is I want to get 2 subs and power them with a mono block amp. Can I hook this up with my hu. Also my pa660 says it has speaker level inputs for daisy-chaining off other amp signals. I think it has speaker level inputs. Now according to crutch field the amp I want (alpine Mrx-m1000) says it has 1 set of preamp outputs. Will this help. If this is possible can someone explain to me how.

Thanks for all the help. Oh and I had best buy install everything so I'm a noob,lol

Should have gotten the CDE-123, you'll need 3 pre-amp outs for that, with three outs you'll have 1 for your front stage, 1 for you back, and 1 for you subwoofer amp.

You don't really need three because you have the ability to daisy chain run a set of rcas to the 4 channel amp which should be done.

Then get a smaller set and led them from the output of the four channel to the input of the monoblock amp you will be getting. just make sure you tune it at the amp and not the headunit and your golden!

i agree you can get a sub amp with RCA outputs, feed the sub amp first then run out from the sub amp to your speaker amp. you just lose any independent level control at the HU.

another option is to use the HU speaker level outputs to feed a 4 channel signal into the Polk amp. that way you retain fader, then you can use the single HU RCA output to run the sub amp. you get an independent sub level control when you set the output to sub (or turn sub on in the HU menu). alpine is good about giving sub level control.

i vote for the latter option just for the use of fader and sub level at the HU. you won't hear a difference in high level vs low level with your amp/speaker combination anyway as long as you set your gain properly.

Or u could just get an EQ with front, rear, and sub preouts. and use ure exsisting RCA cable //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.