PPI PCX-4125 Bridging question....

unclecomfort
10+ year member

NA
The below quires needs someone who own a PPI amp for some of the naming convention....

I am trying to bridge my PCX-4125 to a 2 channel amp to drive my component. I am not running active so the amp output will go straight into the passive crossover.

This is what I did...

Plug in front L and R rca output from HU to 'FRONT' input of the amp. Push the (-12db) switch to IN as I am using a line driver. Push the 'REAR SOURCE BUTTON' to INT. As I am using crossover setting from HU, I set of the crossover on the amp to FULL PASS. Did not touch the Qbass setting as not using it. Speaker out for FL from the front output of amp, L(+) and R(-) (Bridged). Speaker out for FR from the rear output, L(+) and R(-) (Bridged).

Result: When I did this, both channel output is mono. I play with balance control on HU. turn to left, right still have sound. Turn to right, left still have sound. Turn middle, mono sound.

I try another method. Front L rca output from HU into Front INPUT of amp and Front R rca output from HU into REAR INPUT of amp. Push the 'REAR SOURCE' to EXT. Now left and right channel ouput correct. But this will mean I need a y cable.

Is my amp spoil or the PCX work this way? PPI users, need your help too...

Frankly if you ask me, I think most likely the PCX amp function this way as I am still wondering the amp is not smart enough to determine that the right channel should be ouput from rear if it is not internally link.

Comment please....

Thank you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.