In search of amplifiers, please help me!

Zylo
10+ year member

Hello,

I am looking for a Subwoofer amp, and a front stage amp. This will be in a 70/30 SQ/SPL system, FWIW.

Sub Amp:

This amp is for either a 15" Brahma, or a 15" Magnum D2..

What I want:

- 600-800W RMS

- Efficient

- Reliable (I want to use this amp over and over again in other installations later on)

- Puts out rated power w/o distortion

Budget: $500-$600

Front Stage Amp:

This will be for CDT 6.5" HD Series or Focal K2 Power Series

Budget: $300-$400

Power: 200W RMS

same requirements as above.

I am willing to trade some efficiency for Reliability/Power, but I really would like a well balanced amp. I also would like both amps to be from the same manufacturer..

Thank you!

Summers coming.. I hope to be booming by then!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

For the sub amp, may I reccomend an Xtant6.1? 600w rms @ 2 ohms, and it will definatly do more than that. $549 without price matching from sounddomain

http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/XTAXTANT61

For 200w on your front stage, the Avionixx 800.2 is a pretty good choice, but I'm intrested in what others say too...

http://www.avionixxusa.com/ep/axt_8002.htm --- $285

You could also swap the Xtant for another 800.2, bridged at 4 ohms thats 800w... but it will not be class D efficient like the Xtant, so that means more power draw and probably a small drop in reliability... but not much. I'm not sure, but you *may* be able to skate by on one 800.2 in tri-way, IF they are tri-way capable.

This is true, and Orion makes fantastic amps... simply stellar. The avonixx won't be extremly efficient, but they will be super clean, much cleaner sound than you ever need for subwoofer frequencies in my opinon.

I don't think you can with the Mag, but can't you have a Brahma made special order with a few VC combos like the XXX... or maybe I am on crack //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wacky.gif.cf4a48f9e6dfe9504ffd2c946fd2f340.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/help.gif.cee8f684da1ba626487a8bc51152e1ec.gif

Hello,
I am looking for a Subwoofer amp, and a front stage amp. This will be in a 70/30 SQ/SPL system, FWIW.

Sub Amp:

This amp is for either a 15" Brahma, or a 15" Magnum D2..

What I want:

- 600-800W RMS

- Efficient

- Reliable (I want to use this amp over and over again in other installations later on)

- Puts out rated power w/o distortion

Budget: $500-$600

Front Stage Amp:

This will be for CDT 6.5" HD Series or Focal K2 Power Series

Budget: $300-$400

Power: 200W RMS

same requirements as above.

I am willing to trade some efficiency for Reliability/Power, but I really would like a well balanced amp. I also would like both amps to be from the same manufacturer..

Thank you!

Summers coming.. I hope to be booming by then!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
sub amp for a brahma check out the rf1500bd they got them fairly priced on ebay

What is the overall oppinion on Phoenix Gold amplifiers?

Do they fit in this catergory?

Also, what specs can I look at that will tell me how efficient an amplifier is? The fuse??

I looked at prices of a 200A alternator, and they aren't bad at all, so I would be willing to cut efficiency from the list and go for reliability + rated power.

What is the overall oppinion on Phoenix Gold amplifiers?
Do they fit in this catergory?

Also, what specs can I look at that will tell me how efficient an amplifier is? The fuse??

I looked at prices of a 200A alternator, and they aren't bad at all, so I would be willing to cut efficiency from the list and go for reliability + rated power.
read my sig for review of the pg tantrum 1200.1

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.