Ppi pc21400.2

moneyovabreezys
10+ year member

Sac
I was wondering if anyone bench tested this amp before i know its 1400 x 1 @ 4ohms at 12 volts though, i just wanted to see what people were pulling with it at 14. im going to have it hooked up to a sundown nightshade 15 v1, or will it sound better on my re mx15? their both 2 ohm dvc so ill be runnin at 4 ohms.

The board has striking similarities with my A1200, but I shouldn't be surprised of that. I would assume that it at least does its rated power output. PPI amps aren't usually as underrated as people say, just like o/s SS Rubicon/Reference amps. That doesn't mean they're bad by any means, just that they were honest ratings.

PC2350

watermark.php

PC21400.2

watermark.php

PC21400.2 = PC2350

Best thing about those old PPI amps is they make the power they say they will...and do it at lower input voltage. Probably only under-rated by 10%-12%.

Worst thing about those PC series amps is the heatsink design. The fan helps but, heat dissipation is not very efficent.

I used an O-scope to set the gains on my pc21400.2..And at 4 ohms bridged it was putting out 1950-2000 clean watts..That was with a nice unclipped sine wave..These amps are very power hungry though..Better have an extra battery or 2..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.