PPI P900.5, it's not here, but soon..

trumpet
5,000+ posts

Barry Schanz
The Precision Power Phantom 5-channel amp, the P900.5, is at last "ready to ship". Since the introduction of the Phantom line in Q3 2011, which was supposed to include 4 models, only 3 models have shipped. Ready to ship doesn't yet mean it's on US soil, but the day my distributor has it in stock I will be placing an order. No web sites with the P900.5 have it in stock. It's simply a placeholder and, sadly, these sites are taking orders for a nonexistent item.

The Phantom line-up also includes 6.25" component speakers with a 1" mounting depth on the woofers, 10", 12", and 15" flat cone SQ subwoofers, and a 13.25" Phantom13 subwoofer with a 2" mounting depth. Depending on how much the community will support these items by purchasing them, I may or may not be offering these new items for sale. The 6.25" components are available now but the subwoofers are not available yet.

The Precision Power double DIN head units are also shipping soon, if they aren't already on the boat. These will be true sound quality head units, with a copper plated chassis, 3 pairs of 4V pre-outs, customizable UI, picture-in-picture, TomTom navigation, iPod/iPhone, Bluetooth, speedometer, compass, 32 GB SDHC and USB, 250 GB USB hard drive support, and much more.

The Precision Power Phantom 5-channel amp, the P900.5, is at last "ready to ship". Since the introduction of the Phantom line in Q3 2011, which was supposed to include 4 models, only 3 models have shipped. Ready to ship doesn't yet mean it's on US soil, but the day my distributor has it in stock I will be placing an order. No web sites with the P900.5 have it in stock. It's simply a placeholder and, sadly, these sites are taking orders for a nonexistent item.
The Phantom line-up also includes 6.25" component speakers with a 1" mounting depth on the woofers, 10", 12", and 15" flat cone SQ subwoofers, and a 13.25" Phantom13 subwoofer with a 2" mounting depth. Depending on how much the community will support these items by purchasing them, I may or may not be offering these new items for sale. The 6.25" components are available now but the subwoofers are not available yet.

The Precision Power double DIN head units are also shipping soon, if they aren't already on the boat. These will be true sound quality head units, with a copper plated chassis, 3 pairs of 4V pre-outs, customizable UI, picture-in-picture, TomTom navigation, iPod/iPhone, Bluetooth, speedometer, compass, 32 GB SDHC and USB, 250 GB USB hard drive support, and much more.
This all sounds like it would be a sweet set up. I wish I could by some of this now

the 900.5 has been available for some time. I was about to buy it a while back. Picked up a lanzar opti250x4 instead.
I spoke with my PPI source yesterday who had just gotten done with a new product training session with someone who works for Precision Power directly. This person said the P900.5 is about to ship, as in for the first time ever.

I spoke with my PPI source yesterday who had just gotten done with a new product training session with someone who works for Precision Power directly. This person said the P900.5 is about to ship, as in for the first time ever.
^^^This. Like he said, they've been put up as placeholders, but haven't actually shipped. I'm just happy they finally managed to make it all work as I was starting to think it would never see the light of day. It'll be a rock-solid budget 5-channel. Will kick the snot out of AP's offerings which even PASMAG didn't give the courtesy of doing a truly hands-on review. Hasn't it been over a year since these were announced?

1-1/2 years. Sad.
Very. I was all set to pick one up when I started the Passat build until I learned I couldn't get my hands on it. Oh well, at least I'm rocking some OS/new school 2-channels now. Gave me a chance to get back with the times.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.