PPI or RF Amp

R

Ray

I'm upgrading my system to Infinity's Component 5 1/4" and 6"x9".

I'm thinking to use PPI PCX-480(80w RMS x 4 4Ohms)

also RF Punch 800.4 (100w RMS x 4 4Ohms)seems a nice amp too.

Dont mention about money but the sound quality...!! Which would do better to match with Infinity's high db speakers?

i would go with rf

ive been using rf for a long time and it has never failed

always does the job

rf all the way!!!

Right now I gonna bid a Brand New PPI amp in EBAY...It just cost around $350

80w x 4RMS 4ohms

I though It's worth!...But y so cheap for a BRAND NEW AMP??

Any risk buying amp there?????

I just bought a couple of amps through ebay. (Good Deals!) As long as you are cautious you should be ok. Just look at things like feedback., Do they have pictures of the product...etc. Anyway, PPI is a good choice they make a quality products.

The difference in the 2 amps would be slight if any. They're both quality products, both under-rated to the best of my knowledge.

If I were you I'd get the one with the most power for the best price.

Speaker quality, the amount of power they're being driven with, and inherent system noise are much bigger sq factors than what brand of amp you're using.

jay---- check out ppi 480 ( spec)

freq resp 4.5--- 100k

signal to noise ratio 110db

damping 500 ( how the amp controls the speaker

higher numbers are better)

cooling fan

Qbass

built in crossover (adjustible)

input sensitivity (.15---12 v how much preamp output

amp can take to reach full power)

check out ebay read seller feedback

befor you buy:cool:

I heard that ppi is on the way out, again!, but they do know how to make amps so does rf but if you need sound quality for mid and highs no question ppi if you want to push 18s then rf

i about had an orgasm when i took my ppi (pc2150) apart to powder coat it, upgraded the heatsink compound to military grade =), and alot better insulator pads or whatever they are called, i also put a higher cfm cooling fan in it, it rocks!! the output transuistors on this are rated 200 watts power disappations, and there are 8 of them i believe, been awhile since i had it apart.. anyways this amp is my new girlfriend... =P

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.