Powering HSK165's? Cadence os soundstream?

Robahr24
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
New York
Thinking of gettting hsk165's for the front and not really sure for the rears but what amp should I get to power them. Prolly around 190Watts I'll put to them. I was looking at the Cadence zrs9004 or the soundstream trx4.880. The cadence amp says it only put outs 4x125w but its a 800watt amp? And the soundstream amp can put out a true 4x220watts. Plus its cheaper. What other amps would be good for less than $350?

Hertz HSK 165 is power hungry. u need more power that what they really recommend. For EX. HSK needs 160W RMS u'll need to feed it around 200W + to really show the true ability of hertz.

I own a pair of MLk165 myself and boy.. it's really a power hungry component.

Check on for sale section, there's a Hertz EP4 that can do 190x 2 bridge 225 shipped. Italian stuff just like ur hertz speaker.

you can go with something like my treo 250.2 i have for sale and run the rears of the hu or a smaller amp. it does a underrated 250wx2 @ 4ohms. awesome sq and the extra power will give you plenty of head room. 325 shipped to your door.

you can go with something like my treo 250.2 i have for sale and run the rears of the hu or a smaller amp. it does a underrated 250wx2 @ 4ohms. awesome sq and the extra power will give you plenty of head room.
X2^^^ I have 300wx2 on deck for my hsk's

The Hertz EP4 would be a good choice too though.

the cadence would do the job , however some ppl reps the cadence pretty hard but i never heard how those amp sound so i'm not so convincing about their quality.

Why are you running speakers from one of the best speaker manufacturers there are, and looking to run them with soundstream (rebadged power acoustik) and Cadence(just junk)??

Run a quality amp for your highs, so far both of those will have unwanted distortion/higher noise floors

I used to work at a shop that sold Cadence....huge failure rate and noise in every install, take out cadence and put in "______________" noise went away.....

Why not take your $350 and save up for a better amp.... like zapco, tru, genesis, audison...

Why are you running speakers from one of the best speaker manufacturers there are, and looking to run them with soundstream (rebadged power acoustik) and Cadence(just junk)??
Run a quality amp for your highs, so far both of those will have unwanted distortion/higher noise floors

I used to work at a shop that sold Cadence....huge failure rate and noise in every install, take out cadence and put in "______________" noise went away.....

Why not take your $350 and save up for a better amp.... like zapco, tru, genesis, audison...
I have a zapco Iforce 4100 new laying around I wouldn't mind selling for his price range.... ~350 shipped and paypal covered... 2x300 @ 4 ohms (more power on tap than you'll need but why not?!)

The EP4 woulda been great for you but both are sold to members on here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

COOL SO CADENCE ARE JUST FAKE SHIEt THEN . I still dont' know y folks in the other caraudioforums.com recomends iit so hard, probably cadence open that forum for them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.