Powered Sub install questions.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Thinkly

Kansas
It has been over 20 years since I did stereo installations so I am a bit rusty and have a couple questions. I have a 2001 Monte Carlo SS with a Pioneer FH-X700BT head unit connected to aftermarket speakers. The aftermarket speakers are being driven by the factory car amp. I did not install the head unit or the speakers. (professionally done)

I am now looking to add a powered sub in the trunk and have some questions.

1. The current factory amp is being drive with high level. Can I also use the head units low level outputs at the same time without damaging anything?

2. Will ANY powered sub work with this setup (using high level for the factory amp and low level for the sub amp?)

3. I believe there is a remote turn on (blue) wire coming out of the head unit. My assumption would be that the installer of the head unit is already using this wire to turn on the factory amp? Is it OK to simply splice into it?

4. Are there any other potential issues you can see that I will run into with this setup? Thanks in advance.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.