powered head unit into an amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list
hey, i'm a huge noob to sound systems (and to the forum, sorry if this is in the wrong place) but i wanna learn. starting off with running subs in my civic. my head unit puts out around 50 watts. can i just run the signal directly into my amp? if not, what will i have to do?

Cheers!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/toast.gif.bc0657bf54b9ee653b6438524461341e.gif

hey, i'm a huge noob to sound systems (and to the forum, sorry if this is in the wrong place) but i wanna learn. starting off with running subs in my civic. my head unit puts out around 50 watts. can i just run the signal directly into my amp? if not, what will i have to do?
Cheers!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/toast.gif.bc0657bf54b9ee653b6438524461341e.gif
You can, that's called high level signal outputs (or inputs), assuming your amplifier has connections for high level inputs. Many newer amps dont however. The superior method is to use a low level signal, commonly called RCA cables (or optical, but that's another discussion for another day).

Give us the model numbers of the products you are talking about. We could then look them up and give you more specific answers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.