Power Wire

Participant count
  • Participant list

zerohero

Wa
Hi, i need some help.. i just bought a 2004 kia optima lx and i'm hooking up a sound system. only problem i have is running the power wire from the battery to the trunk. I can't find any holes where to run the power wire. i installed a few systems in my cars over the years and never had this problem. i can't find any holes to run the power wire so my next option to drill a hole in the firewall.. so where would be a good place to drill a hole? if any pictures are needed i can take some.

Hi, i need some help.. i just bought a 2004 kia optima lx and i'm hooking up a sound system. only problem i have is running the power wire from the battery to the trunk. I can't find any holes where to run the power wire. i installed a few systems in my cars over the years and never had this problem. i can't find any holes to run the power wire so my next option to drill a hole in the firewall.. so where would be a good place to drill a hole? if any pictures are needed i can take some.
You shouldn't have to drill a hole. There should be rubber grommets in the fender area under the dash.

Hmm, ok I’ll take a look in that arena see if can see anything under there
Not your exact model, but there's a forum with a 2006 where it's mentioned that it's above the left foot rest towards the top of the firewall and it's also visible from under the hood. On my honda accord it's hidden inside the fender from under the hood, but then it's visible above the left foot area as well. There's 3 rubber grommets you can pop out and access the hollow wheel well above the plastic liner. Based on the forum yours will be on the forward wall I guess, not the side wall.

Not your exact model, but there's a forum with a 2006 where it's mentioned that it's above the left foot rest towards the top of the firewall and it's also visible from under the hood. On my honda accord it's hidden inside the fender from under the hood, but then it's visible above the left foot area as well. There's 3 rubber grommets you can pop out and access the hollow wheel well above the plastic liner. Based on the forum yours will be on the forward wall I guess, not the side wall.
Ok, cool... yeah, I see a grommet that’s under the hood on top of the firewall .. I wondered where the lead to. So I’ll look inside on top firewall for grommets or any holes

Ok well thanks for the help.. I’m about to give up and have a professional find the firewall hole. I’ve looked under the dash many times and all I see is wires. There so my wires I can’t even see where there going. So since I can’t see I have feel my way around to find where they go/Lead to.. knowing my luck the hole is buried some where and I’ll have to take things apart to find the hole and I don’t want to do that.. I really wish I could find pictures of 2004 Kia Optima but no luck

Ok well thanks for the help.. I’m about to give up and have a professional find the firewall hole. I’ve looked under the dash many times and all I see is wires. There so my wires I can’t even see where there going. So since I can’t see I have feel my way around to find where they go/Lead to.. knowing my luck the hole is buried some where and I’ll have to take things apart to find the hole and I don’t want to do that.. I really wish I could find pictures of 2004 Kia Optima but no luck
Why not remove the grommet in the engine bay? Then shine a light through it and look under the dash to make it easier to find. It should stand out but it may be slightly under the carpet or something.

Check above the brake pedal area should be a rubber patch or something covering up a grommet. On my car once I removed the grommet and pushed a wire through the hole it it was below my brake fluid reservoir.

I
Why not remove the grommet in the engine bay? Then shine a light through it and look under the dash to make it easier to find. It should stand out but it may be slightly under the carpet or something.
I wish I could but I can’t.. there’s wires going through the hole But only thing is the wires don’t go straight through or drop down..the wires go to right and travel quit a long ways and where end hole is I don’t know.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.